Evaluating the Opportunity

Reaction score
Hello All,
First-time poster, intermediate lurker, lol.
I am evaluating launching a drone service company focus on the Ag space. I have looked at a number of available aircraft and am leaning towards a Phantom 4 Pro with the Sentera sensor.

I have a number of questions:
  1. Does anyone have any experience with this UAV and the sensor?
  2. Which software have you used: Drone Deploy? Sentera? Do you have a preference? If so, why?
  3. Are you shooting true NDVI or False NDVI? Do customers seems to mind a difference?
  4. Most importantly, have you been able to provide actionable data to growers/agronomists?

Thanks in advance.
AP

Reactions: bstanton89
I think its hard to beat. The phantom 4 pro has imagery that often makes me think I'm looking at CG. It really is a beautiful camera. As for the Sentera NDVI+ there is simply nothing on the market that can currently compete. The company is small and you can get in touch with the actual engineers because they care about their product and the best part if you aren't just buying a sensor but the autonomous flight software, and the awesome data view software for after flying that has some really cool upcoming features like row counting and zone grading.

Reactions: Aerial Pixel
We used an eBee SQ with a Sequoia multispectral sensor this year, as well as a P4P with Sentera Single. Last year we used an AgEagle RX60 with concerted NIR GoPro and an Inspire 1 with a converted NIR X3. We’ve used the MicaSense RedEdge as well on a Matrice 100.

Depending on the requirements of the client, we can use different systems. The Sentera system is very nice and has a full workthrough package from end to end which is nice.

I also liked the Sequoia for scientific quality imagery for a few studies we were involved with universities and BigAg companies...

Overall, I would say that if all the systems we used, I liked the Sentera Single the most for value.

Direct message me if you have questions- were heavily involved in the service and training industry in Canada and the US

Reactions: Peterthedroneguy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4