Europe no fly zones

Reaction score
I'm headed over to Ireland, France, Belgium, and Netherlands from the US this week. I'm really nervous to bring my P3 because of so many inconsistent regulations.

1) does the Dji go app indicate airspace restrictions in Europe like it does in the states?

2) I've seen various topics of international travelers, does anyone have any tips? I'm particularly worried about getting through the airport and customs.

I am going to Europe (France, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxemburg, Germany, Finland, and Switzerland) this December. Can you share with me some experiences of using the drones there? If I use a drone lighter than 250grams, do I need to register and is there any way to know which place doesn't allow drones? Thank you!

Hi,

I'm from the Netherlands. So I can only speak for the Netherlands

1. Yes, but not correctly. The no fly zones in de DJI app are much smaller than real no fly zones created by the government.
Here you can find accurate information:
Drone PreFlight by Aeret

For example 'ondergrens' 30meters means that your are allowed to fly if you stay under 30meters. if the ondergrens is 0meters you are not allowed to fly there.

Tip: have a copy of the regulations with you when you fly so you can prove that you are allowed to fly there.

Summary of the rules:
- Maximum altitude 120meters.
- Always be able to see the drone.
- Never fly at sunset or when it is dark.
- Don't fly over roads ( exception roads with a speed limit of 30 or 60 kilometers per hour.)
- don't fly over large groups of people, industrial /harbor terrain.

2. Check with your airline what the regulations are. Most of the time is that you should carry your LiPo battery's as carry on, the drone can be carry on or checked in. But check with your airline to be sure.

Wouter

Edit:
Only fly as a hobby. If you want to sell your footage/make money you should have a certificate (ROC/ROC-light)

Reactions: Hannah Pham
Thank you for your help. The information is really useful. Do you know where I can get a copy of the regulations?

Hi,

I'm from the Netherlands. So I can only speak for the Netherlands

1. Yes, but not correctly. The no fly zones in de DJI app are much smaller than real no fly zones created by the government.
Here you can find accurate information:
Drone PreFlight by Aeret

For example 'ondergrens' 30meters means that your are allowed to fly if you stay under 30meters. if the ondergrens is 0meters you are not allowed to fly there.

Tip: have a copy of the regulations with you when you fly so you can prove that you are allowed to fly there.

Summary of the rules:
- Maximum altitude 120meters.
- Always be able to see the drone.
- Never fly at sunset or when it is dark.
- Don't fly over roads ( exception roads with a speed limit of 30 or 60 kilometers per hour.)
- don't fly over large groups of people, industrial /harbor terrain.

2. Check with your airline what the regulations are. Most of the time is that you should carry your LiPo battery's as carry on, the drone can be carry on or checked in. But check with your airline to be sure.

Wouter

Edit:
Only fly as a hobby. If you want to sell your footage/make money you should have a certificate (ROC/ROC-light)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl