Eternal September and the Battery Question

Reaction score
Shortly after Christmas, there are likely to be thousands of Phantoms of various persuasions firing up on batteries that have just come out of storage since manufacturing in China. Yes, The Fine Manual clearly states to charge everything first. No, lots of people aren't going to do that.

Given the threads about partially charged batteries confusing whatever 'intelligence' is baked into the system, this might be an interesting, albeit unintentional test of the phenomena. The trick will be to distinguish this failure mode from the dozens of other potential Post Christmas Drone Blues issues...

I sure would not want to work DJI technical support in the upcoming weeks.

I really hope new flyer's read the manual and this forum teach me alot of new stuff. I'm over 15 flights now with problems.

I haven't been around 'here' all that long but my impression is that this is the Big Christmas, especially for DJI. Despite being a relative newcomer I've had a dozen or so local people ask me about what to do / what to buy while I was dinking around in a local field. The price will slow lots of people down - over $1000 is a pretty serious buy for anything other than the 1% folks, but I suspect there will be lots of screaming and yelling as they drones don't do exactly what the new operator wants them to do.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl