Essential Phone PH-1 with Phantom 3 Professional Not Connecting

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to get the Essential PH-1 to work with the DJI Phantom 3 Pro? It has USB-c and OTG support, however connecting to the controller via a standard USB-C to USB-A cable doesn't seem to be doing the trick. I saw a post about making sure the USB connection is set to "Software Installation" however that is not an option on my phone (Android 7.1). Any ideas if it is possible to get this working with this phone or will I have to use my old phone connected via a hotspot?

Why on earth would you need to use a "Hot Spot". You don't even need Wi-Fi.

As far as Android goes. Make sure you have "Developer Options" enabled. There is a trick to doing that though. Then "enable" USB debugging.

Why on earth would you need to use a "Hot Spot". You don't even need Wi-Fi.

I sometimes live stream my flights and I like pulling in the satelite map to help with knowing what is underneath me. Using a hotspot isn't really a big deal and perhaps stripping down the old phone will fix the video lockup problems I was experiencing, but I was hoping to use the new phone which is much (MUCH) more powerful and hopefully less likely to lock up on me.

Unfortunately, I have never had a phone with USB Debugging not turned on, so that isn't the problem. I'm a software dev and only buy bootloader unlocked rootable phones. It's literally the first thing I do when I get a new phone. The trick to unlocking developer options is to go in to "About Phone" and click the build number a bunch of times.

APilot's answer is the solution. I tried the cable from my Nintendo Switch and it worked fine. Apparently the cable that comes with the Essential PH-1 is incompatible, but other cables work fine.

Reactions: Apilot101

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers