Essential P3 Kit

Reaction score
So I have recently got my P3A and have been browsing the forums (and getting loads of help with my stupid questions) and have read a lot about add on kit (Filters, gimbal locks, Apps etc) and was really interested to know what you would suggest as essential (or at least nice to have) add ons for the P3 and why.

Reactions: King
here is a list of accessories put together by @msinger. I ordered the CSC safety that he actually makes. Also you might want to look into @Rainbowers filters, he doesn't make any money off of them but you have to be willing to balance the gimbal with counterweights. Also I would get a gimbal clamp, a few 16gb high speed micro sd cards (don't get one big one, a lot of small ones are cheaper and if you change them out every battery or every other battery you won't lose all your footage if one card gets lost or corrupted.) A case is important, I got a backpack so I could use my Phantom in more places but you could get a hard case too if you don't expect to be hiking or biking to your flying location. (if you get a backpack I recommend the dronecrates backpack.) You will also need some microfiber cloths and maybe a lensepen to clean the filters if dust get on them. Of course the best way to increase your enjoyment with your P3A is to buy extra batteries, they are on sale at B&H and Amazon or you could scoop up some barely used ones from all the people upgrading to the 4. Lastly you may want to invest in a dedicated tablet to fly, I recommend the iPad Mini 4 because it has the brightest screen with the least reflectance of any tablet I have ever seen. I bought my mini 4 because of this review. I have heard rumors of another iPad being released this year but who knows.

Hmm, so it seems that my thinking is going in a different direction.
Yes to the iPad Mini - ABSOLUTELY!
Its a must and next to it is a good (matt black inside) Screen Shade that you can just clip together and fit behind the iPad. A godsend in sunny weather (and not really needed in the UK as there is no sun ;-))
Next on my list was an Aluminium Arm that holds the main tablet clamp. The original one is a bit wobbly for me, so it was swiftly removed.
A Chest Strap is also a good investment as you do not need to hold all the weight of the Remote in your hands all the time.
Gimbal Clamp ??
Why .... as there is one already included in your set when bought new. And the original DJI one IS better then some of the aftermarket ones.
A light but tightly fitting UV filter is also a good idea.
DJI Rucksack .... I have both, that DJI one and a good Waterproof Case. Makes transporting all those bits easier.
Carbon Fibre Propellers ..... makes the Phantom just that little bit more stable.
And as I am a perfectionist, my next thing will be a Propeller Balancing Jig ..... as any pilot knows ... a badly balanced propeller will cause a lot of stress on the motors and in turn this will also transmit the vibrations onto the rest of the body of the aircraft .... just look at all those "hairline cracks in the body" videos on YouTube.
Other than that .....more batteries, more batteries and more batteries ;-)

Great responses so far, thanks. So I have DJI hardshell, iPad mini (though have only used my S6 so far) and one spare battery.

I want - ND Filters, lanyard, lens cover and lens cleaning pen.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj