ESD Error/ Warranty??

D

Deleted member 52574

Hello all,

I have had my P3A for just a few weeks now, and after a crash (Which made me have to repair my gimbal) I was back up and running last week. I have had several flights since my crash and all was good. Today, I installed the prop guards and went out to fly. immediately got the ESD error and have tried everything to try and resolve it. Assuming I have to send it in to DJI for repair, what are the chances they'll cover it under warranty??

I don't think this has anything to do with the crash, probably something from the prop guards got into one of the motors.

Thanks!

It seems you used longer screw/s to mount the prop guard. Were they DJI prop guards? If yes then you are covered?

One or more motor needs to be replaced.

(I just private messaged you)

I think third party prop guards caused the problem (but would DJI be able to tell?? :rolleyes:)

What are the chances I actually damaged the ESC modules on the board?? Do you think it's just the motors?

Take of the prop guards and use the stock screws and see what happens. The ESC circuitry isn't near the motors, all 4 ESCs are on the motherboard.

Take of the prop guards and use the stock screws and see what happens. The ESC circuitry isn't near the motors, all 4 ESCs are on the motherboard.
Tried that... Still am esc error.

Also I meant that what are the chances the esc modules were burned out because of this

Tried that... Still am esc error.

Also I meant that what are the chances the esc modules were burned out because of this
It's possible. Are you using the DJI prop guards? I suggest you do an analysis of the length of screws you used. Measure the difference in length and compare that to the thickness of the plastic for the prop guard.

It's possible. Are you using the DJI prop guards? I suggest you do an analysis of the length of screws you used. Measure the difference in length and compare that to the thickness of the plastic for the prop guard.

I'm pretty sure I accidentally started putting in a screw without the guard on by accident, I assume that's the problem. I really just want to know what the chances are that I'm going to have to replace the entire board

I'm pretty sure I accidentally started putting in a screw without the guard on by accident, I assume that's the problem. I really just want to know what the chances are that I'm going to have to replace the entire board
Most likely just the motor.... Fix that first.

I'm pretty sure I accidentally started putting in a screw without the guard on by accident,

And yet you still want to repair against the warranty??

:confused:

Watranty is designed for defective parts and workmanship... not owners of products doing coming unstuck doing modifications.... act dumb and they might fix it for free.

Reactions: dirtybum
Watranty is designed for defective parts and workmanship... not owners of products doing coming unstuck doing modifications.... act dumb and they might fix it for free.

That's what I plan on doing, imo it's absurd that putting a screw in halfway bricks my bird. Very poor design if you ask me.

Hopefully it's just the motors, if it is I'll probably be able to get them do it for free?

It wouldnt be from putting the screw in,realizing it was the wrong one, taking it out installing the right one and then flying! It would be from putting the wrong one in and starting the motors. But I think you're right you should play stupid

I never tried to start it with a screw in without the prop guards on too. Maybe the screws are too long altogether.

The motors never spun when I tried to start it, just an immediate ESC error, do you guys think that means just the motors are problematic, or the entire ESC?

Note: When I told DJI it was an ESC error they even paid for my shipping, that's promising.

Very likely one or more esc gone which means new main board.

Thanks! But what makes you say that? It just differs from what other people have told me. Most have said tht if the motors never spun it's a good thing, the ESC modules are probably fine and it's just the motors. What leads you to believe it's a bad thing?

You could just change out the one motor and see where that takes you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic