ESC trouble, need guidance please

Reaction score
I crashed my P3A and had to replace 1 motor. Ok, everything responds, lights, beeps, IMU calibration, camera, etc. but the motors won't start and I get the ESC ERROR message asking me to restart the aircraft.
I have read all that I can read in the blogs and the end result is "replace the motherboard" but I want ensure that I fully understand what I should be checking as not to overlook any option besides dropping 500.00 for a new board, for instance what about the ESC units that are attached to each motor? Is it possible that there is damage to one of them and if so is there a way to test and determine their condition?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. All of my firmware is up to date if that helps

Thanks in advance.

The ESC units are part of the mother board, and not individual units like they used to be on earlier Phantoms. Is the motor you replaced the same version as the one you damaged, i.e. old design or new design? Each version requires a different motherboard.

call ALLTRONIX.ORG AT 260-310-0318 THEY WILL GET YOU BACK IN THE AIR FASTER AND CHEAPER THAN ANYONE THEY COULD PROBLY HAVE IT BACK TO YOU BEFORE YOU GET THE ANSWERS YOU ARE LOOKING FOR

The motor that I replaced is the same as the one that was damaged, 300A versus 300B, I double checked it against the existing ones before I installed it.
I thought of one additional question, when I installed the new motor I twisted the wiring to make my connections versus soldering them. Can this impact the power flow to the motor and possibly cause the problem I am having, or am I just reaching for straws?

Thanks for the recommendation, I call alltronics in the morning and see what they have to say.

If they are nicely twisted and insulated unlikely to be the problem however i wouldnt trust twisted connections to fly even if it did spool up. If you must hoin wires solder and heatshrink. My oreference would be to solder directly to the motherboard for peace of mind.

Reactions: pcon

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl