ESC LED's stopped working

Reaction score
Just had the front right arm ESC LED's stop working. The motor works fine, but I've just got no startup lights on that arm or solid red LED's after initialization.

Just bad LED's or a bad ESC? I ordered a replacement ESC, but do you think it's safe to fly until I replace the ESC or don't chance it?

Thx

Something on the ESC board has gone wrong to cause all three LEDs to stop working. In other words, it's unlikely each LED failed independently and more likely something upstream of them has quit or is not functioning properly.

It could be unrelated to the more important functions of the ESC but there isn't going to be an easy way to tell.

ianwood said:
Something on the ESC board has gone wrong to cause all three LEDs to stop working. In other words, it's unlikely each LED failed independently and more likely something upstream of them has quit or is not functioning properly.

It could be unrelated to the more important functions of the ESC but there isn't going to be an easy way to tell.

In the interest of my sanity, my investment and public safety I'm imposing a "grounded until fixed" order on myself :)

Better safe than sorry. And it's only $20 for a new ESC.

Thx

My back left esc stopped blinking after taking apart several times to ensure I had gotten all water out and dried before final assy. Two days out of the water it flew fine. Then that last disassembly I loosened all esc units to clean around the led lights, put together and lights out. I went ahead and flew just in yard and eventually almost normally. It now has a prop sound that changes pitch up and down, like is struggling just a little and drifts more than 2 days ago, but still with in about 15 feet, just as not stable, you know something is up. I ordered the esc but china store make me wait...make me mad, almost 4 weeks. WIll see if this changes anything. Next would be the barometric sensor hole on the Naza. That's something I haven't taken apart yet.
capg

Mine Vision did the same exact thing straight out of the box. it flew just fine just no LEDs on the right front. I figured if I spent a grand on it it better work right. I sent it back to Amazon for a refund and ordered a Vision plus.

Just replaced esc and opened Naza module for inspection. I can't tell if water got in it or not, but afraid to use any amount of air on the barometer(small unit with two holes on top). I used a q tip barely damp with alcohol to wipe across top of it, why I don't know. Anyhow, put all back together and now does not drift and change altitude as before. I almost think it performs better but that may be wishful thinking. It does make a different sound when going full speed forward or reverse (100-150'), a fast wa-wa-wa.... capg
PS Since this was my second crash into water, I sprayed electro-seal onto circuit board of battery, top and bottom and started having issues. The spray must of seeped into the connector, after cleaning the pins and female plug several times with alcohol it resumed working. The drone itself seems ok as is as long as you can get dried out in a timely manner, I used compressed air and GPS module as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers