ESC error

Reaction score
I just started with this drone. Ran it in the flight simulator no problem. Updated firmware in controller, aircraft, and batteries. Installed prop guards. Got back in flight simualtor and get a ESC error prompt. Tried to start it up in garage without props still get error. Any chance theres a fix or am I going to have to send it to the factory? Crap!!

Reactions: rhfrhf
The prop guards you installed ...
Did you use correct screws (length) for your particular model?
Did you tighten the screws too much, etc?
... might be a source of your problem.

I thought it was for the p3p. I took them off... saw small stress fractures on two arms I didn't think I tightened them to snug....what now I didn't even get to fly the thing it's brand new

The prop guards came with longer screws. Did you install the ORIGINAL screws or the screws that came with the prop guards? The latter will be too long without the guards & interfere with the stators in the motors.

Screws that came with the guards. Because of the added plastic of the guards I thought to use what came with them. The black and red ones, detachable ones.

When I bought my P3A last summer it came out of the box with a "Critical error" indication on the status LED's. I deal with BH Photo. Best customer service. Sent it back and their tech dept. figured out the problem and I had it back within a week. No problems almost 100 flights later.

When I bought my P3A last summer it came out of the box with a "Critical error" indication on the status LED's. I deal with BH Photo. Best customer service. Sent it back and their tech dept. figured out the problem and I had it back within a week. No problems almost 100 flights later.
If they couldn't find the problem they would have refunded me or sent a new replacement.

I bought it from drone world. It didn't come packed very well, wasn't impressed. But I don't think that was the cause.

I thought it was for the p3p.

You thought? The prop guard sets come with different screw sets, some come with multiple sets. The screws for P1/2 are too long for P3, and if used, will do some damage to the motors, wires, etc.

Looks like you need to send the drone for repairs. The DJI shop is one option, but since this is not going to be a free warrant repair, you might want to send it to one of many shops that advertise on this forum. Just do your research, compare costs, reviews ... I do not know enough to recommend any particular shop.

Just so I haven't misunderstood, you said you took the prop guards back off?

If you removed them you have to install the original motor screws. Without the guards installed the ones that came with the guards are too long & will damage the motors. Also different models have different prop guard screws. The P2 needs longer screws than the P3. If you installed the wrong ones that could be the problem.

I thought the original ones would be too short

Sorry I'm not clear, I took them off after I got the ecs code and put back in the original screws

You mentioned there are already cracks in the arms of a brand new Phantom. Did it come that way or did the cracks come from installing the prop guards?

Either way its new so I would be arranging for an exchange at this point.

Reactions: John N Kronyak

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik