ESC error -

Vmc

Reaction score
Hi guys.....To day I encountered something new to me....with full batteries, I went to do some flying, but got a persistent "ESC Error" message and couldn't take off......I cycled the drone, controller AND my iPhone several times and kept getting it....THEN, I changed batteries and it went away..

Do I now have a false sense of security, or was it likely something larger than a simple battery change.....?

I would love to hear your thoughts and expertise on this, what say you?

P.S. I DID search for this, but none of the threads approximated what I describe......The Phantom flew perfectly with the second battery, with no issues whatsoever.

Last edited:
Did you insert the first battery that issued the error again?

got a persistent "ESC Error" message ......I THEN, I changed batteries and it went away..

Do I now have a false sense of security, or was it likely something larger than a simple battery change.....?

It could be something bigger.

I had a broken solder connection inside the drone, and the error could disappear when I was holding one of the arms. I did described it in another thread.
In a similar fashion, temperature or the way drone is standing could affect whether a faulty connection works or not.

I'd look at the flight logs, and do some low altitude test flights - if the issue happens during a flight, it is likely that affected motor will stop.

I think I narrowed it down...I had a battery that was about to cycle, and was giving off errors, including "Invalid Battery".

I shoved it in the charger and it re-cycled it and now we're all good..... (SO FAR)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj