ESC error, are there any solutions apart from return to DJI?

Reaction score
I have an ESC error that has just popped up and I can't fly. The craft has had a comfortable life, no damage or hard landings etc, is only 10 months old and I have upgraded the firmware. The only solution seems to be to return it to DJI for repair. Before I do I was wondering if anyone has any other user-fix solutions I can try? All suggestions appreciated. Thank you, Peter.

Thank you alokbhargava,

Motors don't run at all.

All is well in the pre-flight mode but as soon as I try to start, it comes up with the message;

"ESC status error. Restart aircraft. Contact DJI support if this persists after restart".

The aircraft has never crashed, has been well looked after, flew fine 3 weeks ago but won't fly today.

I am about to send it back to DJI under warranty, but I was hoping that there may be an easy answer that I can do before I send.

Pete.

Thanks Neon Euc, I have reinstalled the latest firmware- no success, then uninstalled it and reinstalled the previous version - no success, then reinstalled the latest version again - no success.

Pete.

Thanks Neon Euc, I have reinstalled the latest firmware- no success, then uninstalled it and reinstalled the previous version - no success, then reinstalled the latest version again - no success.

Pete.
Believe it or not but when you un-installed the app... You didn't actually un-installed it as its still saved on your SD card (shown in pic I attached) I have a feeling that the settings are saved so when you re-install the app all the same problems will be there. Un-install again and make sure you delete the files too like I showed in the pic. Also have a look at my link to pick another firmware to try and downgrade to. I recommend 3.0.0 as to me that was the best one with no issues

DJI GO APK download | APKPure.co

4fbfad6edad9606ef0794192300ccb14.jpg

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

Also.make sure you turn auto updates off too at the Google play store (I assume your on Google )[emoji6] keep me updated so we can work this out if my idea didn't work

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sorry Neon Euc, I forgot to mention, I did delete each version before installing the next.

Thanks again.

Pete

I have an ESC error that has just popped up and I can't fly.

Do you live or fly in a damp environment or salt air environment? I have often wondered if errors like this are simply a slightly corroded connection at one of these very small ribbon cables. It seems too that a lot of folks experience this problem after even a 'soft' crash, and I'm betting this is the connector. Anyway, easy to find out, but since you're still in warranty(?) you may want to bight the bullet and send it in for repair.

I am counting my days for this to occur since I fly mostly around the ocean shore or near it. When it does, I will dig in and clean/reseat all the connectors and hope for the best.

Reactions: Adjday
Did you have prop guards installed by any chance? Longer screws and damaged stator cool windings will throw an ESC error and seems a common problem.

Thanks Brockrock, will try.

Thanks With the Birds, yes................... I had installed prop-guards before the last flight. I now wonder if it was the longer screws?

I have since removed the guards and replaced the original screws. No change though, I am still getting the ESC status warning.

Is there something I can do to repair any damage I may have done?

Pete.

Thanks With the Birds, yes................... I had installed prop-guards before the last flight. I now wonder if it was the longer screws?

I have since removed the guards and replaced the original screws. No change though, I am still getting the ESC status warning.

Pete.

Did you happen to start it up before you installed the prop guards?... I have heard of the long screw damage issue before... but do not recall the outcome, maybe a search in that direction will help.

Pete.
It's either an unlikely coincidence or you have managed to damage the motor windings with the longer screws. It's an easy fix, usually. Simply pop the shell and replace the motors. A bit of patience and basic soldering skills will get you through it. Hopefully it's just the motors (common) but it might be you have fried one or more of the ESC in which case you will need to replace the main board also. You have nothing to loose as the motors will need changing anyway. You will see the physical damage to the windings (if present) when the motors are out.

How did this case go? I have same problem as Kit and I have not used any propgards or anything, so this has nothing to do with long screws etc. I was lucky to get the drone started and was flying. Then took it down, waited a little, then trying a take off. Then I get the errormessage and it's not possible to fly. Have tried other batteries without any luck. After the latests updates I got the errormessage so I think the upgrade is the reason.

I run the latest versions:
App: 3.1.18
Aircraft: 1.11.20
Remote controller (model "B" whatever that means): 1.9.2
Basic App Fly Safe Database: 01.00.01.05

Edit: Forgot to mention that this happened for me one time for about a month ago too, but got the drone to fly after a few days until now. Now it seems to be permament.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic