ESC Compatibility With The 2312 Motors

Reaction score
I have a P2 V2.0 purchased direct from DJI on 12/29/14. It came with 2312 motors and no V# on the ESC label.
After getting nowhere emailing I called today and got an RMA and a Return Label.

He did not seem to be interested in the label on the ESC. He asked me what color marking was on the capacitor.
Blue and red = bad, yellow = good. WTH?!

Just passing it along. Who the hell knows at this point.

weird I just got some v2.1 escs tonight and they have no colored marker on the capacitors . tho maybe they are only useing the marker on the ones that were just v2 that they reflashed the firmware on

Where they marked like this ? These are what I got back when I had the 2312 motors installed .

Attachments

• Matching ESC.JPG
    Matching ESC.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 470
J.James said:
weird I just got some v2.1 escs tonight and they have no colored marker on the capacitors . tho maybe they are only useing the marker on the ones that were just v2 that they reflashed the firmware on
I believe the capacitor marking was only used on pre 2.0 escs which therefore had no "2.0" on the white label, but were reflashed to 2.0 to make the initial 2.0 stock. Most of these were fitted to the first batches of 2.0 P2 NV and 3.0 P2Vision. I would not expect markings on capacitors on ESCs once the white labels carried their version.

sorry if i've missed another thread about it, but have we found a reliable esc to use with the 2312's. Are 2.1's ok?

dirkclod said:
Where they marked like this ? These are what I got back when I had the 2312 motors installed .
No there would have a blue or black marker pen line on them. This ESC is fine anyway because it is marked up as 2.1.

p fandango said:
sorry if i've missed another thread about it, but have we found a reliable esc to use with the 2312's. Are 2.1's ok?
They are the latest version so they are as good as they can get :) . Having said that I am still running the reflashed, blank labelled 2.0s and have not had a problem so far.

Hughie said:
They are the latest version so they are as good as they can get :) . Having said that I am still running the reflashed, blank labelled 2.0s and have not had a problem so far.
thanks, i've noticed the issue has died off on the forum, so might be the time to upgrade now then :)

p fandango said:
Hughie said:
thanks, i've noticed the issue has died off on the forum, so might be the time to upgrade now then :)
Yeah I have bought a few 2.1s with the intention of upgrading. But I just have not seen any reason to do so yet.

Hughie said:
Yeah I have bought a few 2.1s with the intention of upgrading. But I just have not seen any reason to do so yet.
i notice your in the UK as well, can i ask where you bought the 2.1's from?

& sorry for going off topic, but what range do you get out of your fpv set-up, i can only get 260m out of mine before its completely unwatchable

p fandango said:
Hughie said:
i notice your in the UK as well, can i ask where you bought the 2.1's from?

& sorry for going off topic, but what range do you get out of your fpv set-up, i can only get 260m out of mine before its completely unwatchable
PMed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav