Error in DJI GO app for IOS trying to set up the home point at the RC

Reaction score
This weekend I realize the following error in the App. I have tried to define the home point at the RC location and the App gave the message " no strong GPS signal in the device". Any ideas ? Thanks

Looks like it pretty much spelled it out for you. What part of that warning isn't clear?

This weekend I realize the following error in the App. I have tried to define the home point at the RC location and the App gave the message " no strong GPS signal in the device". Any ideas ? Thanks

With non-cellular iPad's, you must take off first to a hover, then press the homepoint icon on the GO App screen on the left, it will ask you to set the home point to either the bird or rc.

Thanks Tricky it sounds great , you are right my IPad is non-cellular ! I'll try your suggestion next weekend!

With non-cellular iPad's, you must take off first to a hover, then press the homepoint icon on the GO App screen on the left, it will ask you to set the home point to either the bird or rc.
Huh? That's not how mine works. When I power on the craft then start the GO app I get an audible voice telling me a new home point has been established. When I look at the map it's correct. No need to start off and hover.

You can't use the RC as home point with a non cellular iPad.
Not true. You just need an external Bluetooth connected GPS receiver, like the Bad Elf Pro 2200 or Pro+ 2300, or one of the Dual 150 or 160 units.:cool:

Reactions: MJB1971
I always tether my cell phone to the ipad Mini 2 et voila, gps!
Unless something has changed recently, tethering your phone to an iPad doesn't transfer GPS data to the app.

Reactions: III% Streve
Unless something has changed recently, tethering your phone to an iPad doesn't transfer GPS data to the app.
I like getting the satellite images on the app when flying it instead of the basic gps graphic.

I like getting the satellite images on the app when flying it instead of the basic gps graphic.
Have you figured out what triggers the map display in DJI GO while tethered? Is there a specific order that you follow when tethering and launching DJI GO? For me, sometimes it never displays the map, and other times, it appears after a long delay. I would like to reliably get the maps to load on the fly from the tethering before launching. Any suggestions?

I have always just tethered before even starting the app, so I make sure I have the ipad and phone connected before anything else. That has worked flawlessly for me. I have not had issues using this method.

I have always just tethered before even starting the app, so I make sure I have the ipad and phone connected before anything else. That has worked flawlessly for me. I have not had issues using this method.
Thanks! I'll try that next time!:cool:

I alwayss look at the area on my Maps app that I am planning to fly. Satellite data is already cached. Before I even turn on the tablet at the flying site I turn on tethering. Then turn on everything else. I have never NOT had map data this way.

Me too. No matter how routine sat images are now, I still find them awesome! Just remember that you are not getting GPS data to your iPad on the RC this way, so you won't be able to use the functions that require GPS at the RC. Cheers sir!

I alwayss look at the area on my Maps app that I am planning to fly. Satellite data is already cached. Before I even turn on the tablet at the flying site I turn on tethering. Then turn on everything else. I have never NOT had map data this way.
This is exactly what I do and so far have not had an issue.

Reactions: III% Streve
Me too. No matter how routine sat images are now, I still find them awesome! Just remember that you are not getting GPS data to your iPad on the RC this way, so you won't be able to use the functions that require GPS at the RC. Cheers sir!
I understand that, but it syncs the existing data and the Copter's GPS so I feel I'm flying as closely to the terrain as I can without using my phone, which I will do from time to time, but a simple text can bung up the app. (Galaxy phone.)

I understand that, but it syncs the existing data and the Copter's GPS so I feel I'm flying as closely to the terrain as I can without using my phone, which I will do from time to time, but a simple text can bung up the app. (Galaxy phone.)
When I use my phone I dont have issues with the app when I get a notification. Phone calls and everything work fine. Ive taken calls while flying and answered texts. Interruptions are annoying. But hardly hurt.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4