Error 27

Reaction score
Hello guys!

Totally new to this, tried to upgrade to latest firmware. Had the USB and Battery plugged to the bird at all time. Everything went OK untill I pressed "Uppdate" then the P1 stared to beep, beep like crazy!! After a while I got a message "Upgrade successful! Please power cycle device"

Now I dont have a clue what "Please power cycle devise" means, it was all ready connected to the battery so I figured that it wants me to disconnect the battery. Well the beep, beep stopped but now I got an error message that the GPS is not calibrated.

What am I doing wrong guys? Oh, its a 1.2.1 version if thats any difference.

Re: My P1 is screaming at me!

You did it right :) Power cycle just means power it off and then on again, to finalize the firmware update.

The error message(s) you may see now are because there's a couple more steps for you to follow yet:

1. With the Phantom connected to the Assistant Software, apply the Default Phantom Configuration File found on DJI's download page for the P1

2. Do full IMU calibration, ignore (click past) any warnings about "MC too hot"

3. Check to make receiver type is set to PPM

4. Check to make sure Mixer Type is set to QuadRotorX

5. Do full stick calibration and X1 channel as well if you have a gimbal.

OMG, This is why one joins a forum!

If your ever in Sweden, beers are on me!! =) Thank you so much for the quick reply, Im going bananas over here, with the bird going Beep, beep like a freacking car alarm. Also the IOC box wont stay ticked, everytime I change menues it unticks itself. But I will try out what you just said.

First a smoke to calm down, Ill be back =)

Thanks again

Ok smoke finished, dumb question: After I have done att those things, do I uppdate the firmware again?

Orson said:
Ok smoke finished, dumb question: After I have done att those things, do I uppdate the firmware again?

Shouldn't need to :) You can check in the Assistant software to see what firmware it's currently reporting, 4.0.2 is the latest version you should be on.

Sweden, you say...?

OI Photography said:
Orson said:

Shouldn't need to :) You can check in the Assistant software to see what firmware it's currently reporting, 4.0.2 is the latest version you should be on.

Sweden, you say...?
jupp, cold beer and blonde woman :D

Well, neighter my pc or the mac can read the files on the on the default phantom configuration. The TX is now not corresponding with the PC...Nothing works...hmmm...Im at my withs end here. Settings like failfase landing and IOC disapperes when I change menues, Im having really fun here right now =)

Are you connecting the Transmitter or the Phantom itself to the PC? Sometimes the USB port in the Phantom can be a little wonky and need some jiggling to get it to recognize the connection.

Your PC or mac don't have to recognize or read the default config file...you just need it on your PC. In the Assistant software (ocne you get it connected), there's a button in the same place you do the IMU calibration, that will let you load that file to the Phantom. As long a you DL it to your computer, it doesn't have to be able to read the file...DJI's software takes care of all that.

Yes im connecting the P1 to the PC, I found the import parameters button you were talking about, problem now is that the computer says, "configuration file version does not match" when Im trying to import the phantom default configuration.

Ok swiched over to my apple and it worked, the default thingy is now in the P1 :D

Doing the advanced IMU cali right now, as you told me. says it will take 5-10 minutes, lets see what happens :D

Excellent...I hope it has stopped beeping at you!

Before your first flight you'll want to make sure you do a compass calibration as well, at the location you plan to fly.

hahaha, yeah it calibrated and stopped beeping at me, but I still get the infamous error 27 code when hooked up to the computer and there are no digits in the GPS field, but when I do the DJI-dance I get all green lights. Strange

looked at other forums and the error 27 problem seams quite common. Should be a easy solution to this somewhere.

Once again thank you for your patience and good advice.

My pleasure! Did you already confirm that the receiver type was set back to "PPM"? I can't remember the cause of Error 27 but it's worth checking that setting.

Everything but the GPS is working now.

Did all the things you wrote, but is seems not to be able to connect with the GPS.

If I turn it off and leave it for a while the yellow/red "calibrate me" lights go off. After i do the DJI-dance the lights go all green as they should. But when I hook it up to the computer it says "GPS not calibrated, or magnetic field interference. Please calibrate GPS again in good condition."

When doing the IMU check it says "No need calibration.calibration procedure can be skipped"

Maybe the GPS isn't connected inside, maybe it would be a good idea to open it up and have a look?

Orson said:
Everything but the GPS is working now.

Did all the things you wrote, but is seems not to be able to connect with the GPS.

If I turn it off and leave it for a while the yellow/red "calibrate me" lights go off. After i do the DJI-dance the lights go all green as they should. But when I hook it up to the computer it says "GPS not calibrated, or magnetic field interference. Please calibrate GPS again in good condition."

When doing the IMU check it says "No need calibration.calibration procedure can be skipped"

Maybe the GPS isn't connected inside, maybe it would be a good idea to open it up and have a look?

When connected to the Assistant software, check the same place where you do the IMU calibration, and see what the Mod value for the compass is...sounds like that may be too far out of whack and needs to be degaussed. The ideal values in that Mod field are anything in the 1600-1800 range.

Its constantly moving between 1632-1645

Also, what does resetting BMU mode mean?

That's the button you can use to reset the BTU (Bluetooth module) if you have one attached to your Phantom.

As for Error 27, it means the Phantom is having a problem with the compass/GPS data. If the IMU calibration didn't fix it, the next thing to do is calibrate the compass. First just try the normal compass calibration procedure, and if the error persists then you'll need to do the full process described here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCT1rRE_UIg

Did the calibrating using a magnet, rebooted, got all the green lights afterwards showing me that it got all the satelites it needs, even the quick "find my way home" rapid green flashes, connected it back to the firmware...and zilch, nada, no GPS!

Opened up the P1 to check for any obvious faul ups like cabls not connected or kinked, but as far as I can see it looked alright, but still no GPS signal

Hmm. I'm kind of stumped here. The physical GPS and compass modules are clearly functional, or the Phantom wouldn't blink green and you wouldn't see mod values in the Assistant software. But for some reason the Assistant keeps throwing the Error 27.

You can try applying the Default Phantom Configuration file again, but other than that I'm at a loss.

Do you get the Error 27 on both the PC and Mac?

Un-be-freakin-belivable!

Tried to connect the battery to the P1 right now and it went PFFTTTT!!! And thick grey smoke came out of the P1, and smell of burned plastic. I think we can pretty much forget co make it work now =)

Juuust my luck! This MUST be covered by guarantee

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj