Erroneous no fly zone, what do I do?

Reaction score
I cannot take off with my phantom4, and according to this DJI NFZ, no one in the NY, NJ area could.

The thing is, there is no current TFR or no fly zones.

B4UFLY app indicates all is good.
So does the Hover app.

But the DJI Go app show a HUGE no fly zone that does not exist, and I cannot take off.

Any advice on what I can do ?

c4a540b97d7297d4935d475b756ba870.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Update. So I broke out my iPhone. No problems on it.

Conclusion, the DJI Go app on my iPad seems to be caching No fly zones, as there was a real TFR earlier this week.

So the question becomes: how can I clear this cache on my iPad, uninstall reinstall, or is there a better way? Any advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I feel your pain. I'm in NY too. I haven't flown in almost two weeks and I know there's been a few app updates so I figured I'd go out for a short flight to test everything before I go out over water again. I also found the new authorization zones that needed to be activated. No big deal. I hit yes to unlock the authorization zone and I get an error that says cannot validate. Over and over and over again. I go into the activation zones in djigo and try and do it online. Bad idea to try and navigate that site with an iPhone. Now its 45 minutes later. Aircraft battery is down to 88% and iPhone is down to 40% (started this at 98%)

Back in the house onto the computer to try and use the advanced unlock website. This worked for me and I also saw that the big yellow circle over NY/NJ says temporary restriction due to VIP movement. So maybe that explains why I'm all of a sudden in an authorization zone.

Reactions: Juergen B
Back in the house onto the computer to try and use the advanced unlock website. This worked for me and I also saw that the big yellow circle over NY/NJ says temporary restriction due to VIP movement. So maybe that explains why I'm all of a sudden in an authorization zone.

Yep, sorry about that! Except here's the thing: Earlier this week there was in fact a TFR, issued by JFK for VIP movement. I had started the DJO Go app during this time on my iPad. Then I monitored this TFR closely because of a real estate job I could not do. I believe my iPad somehow cached this NFZ map information...

BECAUSE: This flight restriction expired on Wednesday evening though, and now there is absolutely NO LONGER a no fly zone. So what you see on the DJI app tonight is BOGUS.

And, when I used a different device, (my iPhone), i was able to fly tonight with no problems at all.

Do you have a spare device with the DJI Go app installed that you can try out?

So, the issue is not with unlocking any activation zones. My interpretation is that the iPad has erroneously stored the no fly zone data on it's mapping cache. My bet is that if we uninstall these apps and delete all data, then re-install, all will be fine. I will try this tomorrow.

Unless someone knows how to clear the DJO Go App's map cache... Anyone??

Yep, sorry about that! Except here's the thing: Earlier this week there was in fact a TFR, issued by JFK for VIP movement. I had started the DJO Go app during this time on my iPad. Then I monitored this TFR closely because of a real estate job I could not do. I believe my iPad somehow cached this NFZ map information...

BECAUSE: This flight restriction expired on Wednesday evening though, and now there is absolutely NO LONGER a no fly zone. So what you see on the DJI app tonight is BOGUS.

And, when I used a different device, (my iPhone), i was able to fly tonight with no problems at all.

Do you have a spare device with the DJI Go app installed that you can try out?

So, the issue is not with unlocking any activation zones. My interpretation is that the iPad has erroneously stored the no fly zone data on it's mapping cache. My bet is that if we uninstall these apps and delete all data, then re-install, all will be fine. I will try this tomorrow.

Unless someone knows how to clear the DJO Go App's map cache... Anyone??

I was able to authorize online which still had the TFR listed so the app AND the website is incorrect.
I will check it out again tomorrow too. Maybe I'll download the app fresh on one of my kids phones that hasn't been used for flying yet

I cannot take off with my phantom4, and according to this DJI NFZ, no one in the NY, NJ area could.

The thing is, there is no current TFR or no fly zones.

B4UFLY app indicates all is good.
So does the Hover app.

But the DJI Go app show a HUGE no fly zone that does not exist, and I cannot take off.

Any advice on what I can do ?

Did you click auto take off, get the GEO warning then self-authorize?

Reactions: Juergen B
Did you click auto take off, get the GEO warning then self-authorize?

No, I tried to take of manually. However, I yesterday I managed to turn off the Geo warning system in the settings, and was able to fly using my iPad. Did not have to authorize to do that, and after this all was normal with my iPad. My iPhone has been OK all along.

No, I tried to take of manually. However, I yesterday I managed to turn off the Geo warning system in the settings, and was able to fly using my iPad. Did not have to authorize to do that, and after this all was normal with my iPad. My iPhone has been OK all along.

You are flying under whatever is left of th the old NFZ system.

The way to invoke GEO is to use auto take off and then the dialog box comes up

Me too. Manual takeoff and then was able to authorize this time and fly with no problems. Didn't think about turning off Geo.

You are flying under whatever is left of th the old NFZ system.

The way to invoke GEO is to use auto take off and then the dialog box comes up

What old NFZ are you talking about? The temporary one?

Wait. So off is worse? I just got mine a couple of months ago so I only know the new system with geo on. Nothing to compare to.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20