Erratic Camera Control

Reaction score
I've had my P2V for about a month now and live in the Northeast US and due to the weather have not had a lot of flight time. I have had a chance to fly it briefly about 10 times and I have some serious camera control issues. Most times when I just turn the copter on with the camera OFF, the camera starts panning forward and back repeatedly. Then sometimes after 3-4 minutes it will mostly stabilize. This is all while the copter is just sitting stationary on the floor in the house or outside with no obstructions.

Second scenario, do the above except with the radio and WiFi extender already powered up for 3-4 minutes then turn on the copter. I get similar results to the above.

Third scenario, the rare occasion where things start up normally and then start flying the copter, after about 2-3 minutes the camera starts to pan up and down uncontrollably. I try to control it via the DJI app and can barely if at all control the camera.

WiFi signal is very strong, no issues connecting at all.

Has anybody tried turning the P2V on, radio and WiFi off, does the camera pan uncontrollably? Just curious to know if this is normal behavior.

Should I send it back? I bought it from Amazon so there's no support as it is sold directly by Amazon. This is really driving me nuts.

I've sent emails to DJI with NO replies.. shocking..

Suggestions..?

Thanks.
Ron

Could you film what it's doing for us and put it on youtube? The camera should be making a constant noise, a bit like an old dial-up modem. It should tilt the camera to attempt to maintain some stability if you tip the aircraft forwards or backwards. It should not be constantly moving at rest, such that you can see the actual movement.

I've not come across the issue before, but as you bought from Amazon you will be able to return and get a replacement with no questions asked if we can't trouble shoot this for you.

I recently started experiencing this with my camera as well. Upon start up while still on the ground the camera will move up and down rapidly. Once I open the dji app and use the pitch control the camera returns to normal and all is well for the entire flight after. It's happened twice now and still have no idea why this is happening. Everything else seems good

Time to connect to Vision Assistant and check/confirm/adjust Gimbal settings. If the numbers are set correctly yet the gimbal doesn't respond & agree, then I'd say it's time for the dealer & DJI support.

iDrone

I've tried resetting the Gimbal settings with the assistant software, reloading all firmwares, and practically every other obvious thing you can think of. I have tried 3 times to engage DJI support and zero response. I've gotten fed up and have packed it up and sent it back to Amazon for replacement. I'll have my new unit tomorrow.. I have to say that Amazon has the absolute best customer service when it comes to replacing defective merchandise.

Hopefully things will go better with the next one..

Hey everyone, I just posted this same issue a couple days ago, and it's closer to the front page. Did you ever figure out what caused this to happen? Our P2V is doing the same thing. We're talking with QuadroCopter about returning it if we can't troubleshoot it properly.

AD

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.