EPSON Moverio BT-300

Reaction score
Well I just got notification that my credit card was billed for the EPSON Moverio BT-300 pre order that I placed. That means the glasses should be shipping soon. Now the issue is when will DJI have the app(s) available for the MAVIC and the P4 PRO.

That's great! (About time too!) :)

Give us a review once you get to try them out. I'm curious how they will work with prescription glasses and if they have a extra lens or whatever to compensate.

That's great! (About time too!) :)

Give us a review once you get to try them out. I'm curious how they will work with prescription glasses and if they have a extra lens or whatever to compensate.
From what I've read the BT-300 will fit over prescription glasses

I thought at one time they had some optional diopter lenses available or something. Maybe some sort of sunglasses add-on too. Dunno.

OK Dumb question but how do you switch between screens and buttons while wearing these glasses were on a Ipad you just touch the screen?

OK Dumb question but how do you switch between screens and buttons while wearing these glasses were on a Ipad you just touch the screen?

I think you use their hand controller thing to adjust what you see on the glasses, or maybe Siamese an iPad/Android device to them as with normal FPV goggles. Just my guess though. Don't know if they are part of the new GO 4 either as I thought they mentioned they were to be incorporated into GO somehow.

Epson has some sort of upcoming demo on them in Los Angeles, CA at the International Drone Show there on Dec. 9 and 10 at the LA Convention Center. I hope to make it and try them there before dropping $800 on them as I got a lot of questions on their operation and ease of use (??).

Last edited:
I think you use their hand controller thing to adjust what you see on the glasses, or maybe Siamese an iPad/Android device to them as with normal FPV goggles. Just my guess though. Don't know if they are part of the new GO 4 either as I thought they mentioned they were to incorporated into GO somehow.

Epson has some sort of upcoming demo on them in Los Angeles, CA at the International Drone Show there on Dec. 9 and 10 at the LA Convention Center. I hope to make it and try them there before dropping $800 on them as I got a lot of questions on their operation and ease of use (??).
Thanks for your reply very cool idea but i'm with you I would like to see them in action before I buy.
Best
Rob

I guess that I'll be the Guinea Pig

I tried them out at the Commercial UAVExpo in Vegas three weeks ago. The is a special controller you put in place of your mobile device, and you plug the USB cable from the Remote Controller in to as well. There was a touch pad on top of it you could use for cursor control. Really looking forward to your review, it's on my X-Mas wish list. [emoji16]

Need my P4 Pro+ to arrive in first. There's no way to test them with my Mavic...no HDMI port

Received this message from EPSON:

Hi Tony - Thanks for your pre-order and support! Please contact Pre-launch and let them know you want the "drone bundle." Our first shipment in mid/late December will be the Developer Edition; which lacks a couple of accessories you'll need to have a great flight experience. The FPV "Drone Edition" will ship in January and will include an extra dark shade, clips to hold the BT-300 controller in your P4 phone mount, and will be pre-loaded with the DJI GO app. We are still waiting on receipt of our P4 Pro to confirm compatibility.

Received this message from EPSON:

Hi Tony - Thanks for your pre-order and support! Please contact Pre-launch and let them know you want the "drone bundle." Our first shipment in mid/late December will be the Developer Edition; which lacks a couple of accessories you'll need to have a great flight experience. The FPV "Drone Edition" will ship in January and will include an extra dark shade, clips to hold the BT-300 controller in your P4 phone mount, and will be pre-loaded with the DJI GO app. We are still waiting on receipt of our P4 Pro to confirm compatibility.

A special "Drone Edition?" The January one comes pre-loaded with the DJI GO app, which the one coming in December will not have? Not yet tested for compatibilty either with the P4 Pro?

hmmm... Not as easy as I thought it would be.

A special "Drone Edition?" The January one comes pre-loaded with the DJI GO app, which the one coming in December will not have? Not yet tested for compatibilty either with the P4 Pro?

hmmm... Not as easy as I thought it would be.
As usual...nothing is is when trying to merge to separate platfroms

Great...now if they (EPSON) would ship my glasses.

Great...now if they (EPSON) would ship my glasses.

I may go to the International Drone Expo in LA this Friday and see what Epson says on their delivery, especially if the app is now out for them. Supposedly they will be there.

I may go to the International Drone Expo in LA this Friday and see what Epson says on their delivery, especially if the app is now out for them. Supposedly they will be there.
Please report back with your findings

Please report back with your findings
ordered these in late November. I contacted pre-launch and was told shipping mid to late January (that came and went) contacted pre-launch again and was told they were told by EPSON they are still working out the bugs on DJI GO app and should be shipping around 3rd week of February. I am looking forward to trying them, heard mostly good things so far hope they are worth the wait and the $800 price tag.

There was just an update to the Android OS today. Prior to the update a 3rd party app (Rotation Locker) had to be active prior to running the DJI GO 4 app. Not sure if you saw my review on these that we posted in another thread. Here;s the YouTube portion of the review.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31