enVision the love...

Reaction score
Hi all!
A pretty healthy rain storm rolled through our valley this afternoon. As my wife and I were driving our girls home from soccer practice, we saw the most spectacular rainbow. By the time we got home and I was able to get the Vision ready to fly, the rainbow was gone. However, the sky was starting to blush with a gorgeous sunset so I decided to send her up anyway. After a short, low-level hover, I sent her up to about 300' and spun a few 360's and got a dozen shots or so. Soon enough one of my neighbors was at the fence checking things out. We talked for about 10 minutes, all the while the Vision was in a hover - steady as ever and reliable as always.
My neighbor made mention several times (with a hint of worry) that I did not appear to be paying much attention to my "helicopter". We talked about the flight system and GPS. He was amazed at the overall tech of the Vision and literally blown away at my confidence in its operation.
This got me thinking about how much I still love my Phantom. I haven't really done much to it - from a modification perspective that is. A couple camera antennas were added, but otherwise its stock (still in pursuit of a gimbal... I'll get there). I have kept up on all software and firmware updates (some good...some bad...some AWESOME) and have watched the phone app mutate into a very, very, very good interface.
In about two months I will have owned my Vision for a year. I have witnessed many issues arise on this forum and seen people express a lot of frustration over an array of problems. Believe it or not, despite the intro of the Vision+ a while back, there are still folks finding the Vision as their first quad. I just wanted to take a minute to share with those new to this forum that the Vision has treated me well - and chances are it will be good to you too.

Anyone else with a similar story - chime in!

Byron.

If you were starting over, would you buy Vision again or go for Vision+?

un hombre said:

Vision... I would never feel secure with the fragile, expensive camera/gimbal of the Vision+ :shock:

-slinger

un hombre said:

un hombre,
Guess if I were new to the Phantom series, and looking to spend over $1000, I would go with the V+. In my eyes it stands out with the gimbal features that someone doing their homework would be interested in. Despite the tender parts (as Slinger said), I am sure the V+ is a stable performer too. Just remember, I am a little biased... I own a Vision and can only speak from experience about how much I have enjoyed that platform.

Perhaps I should generalize a little more... ;)
Based on individual need and budget, I really believe that the Phantom line in general is going to be a good choice for anyone. DJI has done a pretty good job of putting together an array of configurations and upgrades for consumers. Lets face it, if you are unsure of your initial need, buy a vanilla P2 and apply add-ons as you move forward!

Byron.

Byroman said:
un hombre said:

un hombre,
Guess if I were new to the Phantom series, and looking to spend over $1000, I would go with the V+. In my eyes it stands out with the gimbal features that someone doing their homework would be interested in. Despite the tender parts (as Slinger said), I am sure the V+ is a stable performer too. Just remember, I am a little biased... I own a Vision and can only speak from experience about how much I have enjoyed that platform.

Perhaps I should generalize a little more... ;)
Based on individual need and budget, I really believe that the Phantom line in general is going to be a good choice for anyone. DJI has done a pretty good job of putting together an array of configurations and upgrades for consumers. Lets face it, if you are unsure of your initial need, buy a vanilla P2 and apply add-ons as you move forward!

Byron.

Excellent advice... I think the P2V+ is an excellent platform, if you can abstain from crashing into marauding trees... :D

But IMHO... A P2V with a RotoroPixel gimbal is a much more robust solution. I'm still astounded that DJI didn't bother to design a P2V gimbal. How hard would that have been for them? And I think it's pretty obviously demonstrated by the recently lightened RotorPixal backlog, that there's a tremendous amount of demand for the product... ;)

It seems that three months after the P2V release, out comes the P2V+ and the P2V was no longer considered for upgrades and additions specific to that platform... :shock:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl