Entry level drone

Reaction score
Looking to buy something in the 200 to 400 dollar range just to play with. I crashed my Phantom 4. Thinking about parting it out. Don't know if I want to pay to have it fixed or not. Was looking at a dji mini. I know there are a million brands I just don't know anything about them. Any suggestions?

Looking to buy something in the 200 to 400 dollar range just to play with. I crashed my Phantom 4. Thinking about parting it out. Don't know if I want to pay to have it fixed or not. Was looking at a dji mini. I know there are a million brands I just don't know anything about them. Any suggestions?
Your best bet is to go to the Mavic forums and you will find an answer to just about any question you might have as to which drone to buy. Phantom forum is not the place to look. Or, do a search on YouTube. Many comparisons there. Good luck!

Reactions: Starz
The word mini has many(no pun intended)meanings. It can reference the flight capability of the “mini” DJI product line. Some of that product line is not the best in windy conditions. Also a concern for many people is the difference between the Go4 app which you are familiar with verses the Fly app which you probably haven’t experienced yet. There is a substantial difference between the two. The Fly app is currently much better now since it’s inception and more user friendly but still can be a struggle for some.
One suggestion would be the older Mavic Pro which still uses the Go4 app that would be somewhat in your price range.
Research as much as you can and good luck!

Reactions: Droneted
I have a Mini and it is a great Drone. It handles wind up to 15 mph just fine (and that is my testing, it may be able to handle more). The Mini makes a great cheap drone to own. It doesn’t have any frills on it like the Phantom has, but it is a fun drone to fly. The drone can get up to 18 mph in speed usually, so for a small drone this is a good speed. I would suggest this as a great starter drone.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl