Entire Ribbon Replacement Cable for Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know if it's possible to replace the entire ribbon that is weaved throughout the gimbal? If so, where can I buy it? I'd almost prefer a non-ribbon version if such a thing exists. Appreciate any advice. Thanks.

graalmany said:
Hi, does anyone know if it's possible to replace the entire ribbon that is weaved throughout the gimbal? If so, where can I buy it? I'd almost prefer a non-ribbon version if such a thing exists. Appreciate any advice. Thanks.

It might look like that but there are actually only 3 parts of ribbon cables (not one long one). 2 come from the motors and one controls the 'pinout' attachment (the bit the GoPro plugs into that can be swapped to make the Hero4 work).

Best described by watching these
:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0KIpY6a-io[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBFXKjlRE40[/youtube]

No such thing as a non ribbon cable version.

Indeed. But has anyone tried using the ribbon cable from a H3-3D on the 2D? The shape is the same except for an extra arm that goes to the third motor.

I'm hoping that I can cut the extra arm off. If that doesn't work I'll use a piece of the 3D and some 3M 9703 tape to splice a repair.......

I have both gimbals and the H3-3D/H4-3D are far better gimbals then the 2D With the price drop over the past year it's worth upgrading.

Indeed. But has anyone tried using the ribbon cable from a H3-3D on the 2D? The shape is the same except for an extra arm that goes to the third motor.

I'm hoping that I can cut the extra arm off. If that doesn't work I'll use a piece of the 3D and some 3M 9703 tape to splice a repair.......

I did try using a H3-3D cable on a H3-2D. The only problem I had was that the flat control board (where the gopro mounts) was for a H3-3D. You are correct that they fit and that you can just tuck the Yaw flex cable (I wouldn't cut it).

Thanks Mako79.

I did try a 3D cable and it worked a treat, and yes, I haven't dared cutting the yaw cable!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj