Entered ATTI mode....why?

Reaction score
Took a short flight this morning. Controller announced ATTI. Had to manually gain control. Thought it was starting to fly away. I don't see anything on the logs that stands out. Flew it back under GPS. It was momentary. I was standing close to a cable wire fence. I stepped back from it. The aircraft was a distance away.

Anything jump out that you can see?

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Did you have good satellites? It will go into ATTI if there is a GPS loss.

The sensor readings show 15+. After I looked at the logs I was suspecting to see something stand out.

I'm not good at reading these logs but under tips it doesn't appear to change to atti? Correct me if I'm wrong

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm not good at reading these logs but under tips it doesn't appear to change to atti?
It would be easier to give you advice if you had posted the TXT file instead of uploading it to Healthy Drones. Without seeing full log, I'm assuming the PAF switch was set to "A" instead of "P". The home point was marked before takeoff, so that means your Phantom was connected to at least 6 satellites at the time.

The FENCE. It is not written about very much, but I had a bad crash when I was flying close to barbed wire fence with steel posts. I firmly believe that any kind of metal fence, inherently throws off a different magnetic field and can cause Drones to crash, it happened twice with my P2. Solution, I stay well above the fences now in height and also in distance.

When I got close to the fence originally, the P2 flipped and did a couple of 360's and then hit the ground and busted up a couple of props. Being a novice and on my 3rd or 4th flight with the P2, flying in a hay field, I had no idea that a steel barbed wire fence would cause any problem, but it did. I was only flying around 15 or 20 feet high when this all happened. So being a gluton for punishment it seemed, I replaced the props and did the exact same thing again.

So in my estimation, it is a good idea to stay away from barbed wire fences. Ha Ha

I was flying off a cliff and p3 was pretty much horizontal to me. The fence I was close to had steel cables and metal poles. The switch on the RC was never moved to the A selection. The compass is on the bird right? One thing that stands out from the HD above is my home point was set almost 30 feet or so inside the fence. I was actually standing on the side of the road where the car is pictured. I am thinking I did not have a good calibration due to the fence lining the side of the road.

If you post the log you uploaded to Healthy Drones, it'll be easier to help you figure out what happened. Otherwise, we're just going to be able to give you some educated guesses.

If the compass gets erroneous readings mid-flight, the phantom 3 can switch to ATTI even if it has 15+ sats. It does this to prevent fly-aways.

Happened tome today I was standing 2m in front or a 800m long rural steel fence but didn't calibrate near it .only did it 1 flight in 3 though so maybe inconclusive .
What happens if you hit RTH when it's flicking between GPS and Atti ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers