Enough already

Reaction score
Today marks 8 weeks that DJI has checked in my drone for warranty repairs. 8 weeks and haven't heard a word from them. Its in because I updated to 1.2.6 FW. It wouldn't fly right after that. In fact it was uncontrollable. I wrote to them and asked them to give me a date when I can expect it back. Nothing. I asked for my money back. No answer. I asked them to keep my non-working drone and send me a replacement. Not a word. You don't treat your customers that way if you expect them to trust your company. Now, this forum does not allow its users to bad mouth any company. In fact if you do your threads will be removed. C'mon, 8 weeks and they haven't even looked at it. They can't send me something and say it will be 2 more weeks, 6 more weeks, 6 months. I have heard that it did take some six months to get theirs back from repair. 4 weeks would be a long time to wait but 8 weeks, that's terrible and rediculous. What's wrong at DJI that this kind of service is taking place? How long could it take to trouble shoot and replace whatever went bad; maybe 2 hours? I'm putting this on here because I think people should know who/what they are dealing with. I know there are others out there having the same problems but you won't hear about it on this forum. Read the threads. Nobody is allowed to complain. This forum would lose its sponsers if they allowed complaints. That's sad.

Been hearing complaints about DJI for over a year . To bad folks don't read in here and do a little research before they buy so they would know what they where dealing with !
Folks are complaining all over this site ..you just aren't seeing it .
I've never seen where nobody is allowed not to complain .
Maybe in the way they do it but if ya civil I see it almost every day .
Hate to hear ya having to wait like all the rest but your day will come .

Reactions: snerd and LuvMyTJ
I would recommend calling DJI support and give them the RMA number and they will give you an update

While it does suck that it has been taking them a while to repair birds you can bet they are doing everything they can to keep up. DJI is still a growing company and I think they never dreamed they would become so big so quickly. That leads to logistic problems and they are overwhelmed. While it may take 20 minutes to look at your bird there are hundreds, maybe thousands in line ahead of you. DJI sells a lot of units so a percentage are going to come back. Aside from real repairs another percentage of those will be user error but they couldn't figure it out so back it goes. I would not want to be a tech at DJI, I bet they are overworked at the moment. They are restructuring their California location and are hiring more techs so hopefully the backlog will shrink.

As far as your complaining about complaining, you know the rules joining here, or at least you should, you checked a box saying you did. The rule applies to all sponsors because this is not the place to fight your battles with vendors, it is a resource of and for ideas and people from around the world with a similar passion. The forum has no connection to DJI nor are they a sponsor of the site, just like the Corvette forum I belong to isn't sponsored by GM. Like I said, this is a place to talk over ideas, share experiences, photos and videos, a place for camaraderie with other DJI owners.

The long & short of it is I hope you get your bird back soon and complaining here won't make it happen any faster. Please try to use the negative energy you put into the post's you make here into something positive. Hopefully reading other members post here will help you in your own quest to become a better pilot when you get it back. Or if you think DJI is not for you I am sure you would be able to sell it and recoup most of your money. Try and hang in there a bit longer and you'll be flying before you know it. ;)

Reactions: dirkclod
I would recommend calling DJI support and give them the RMA number and they will give you an update
Sorry to say,you are so wrong. You think I haven't tried. Right now you can't even get through to talk to somebody to ask what's going on. If you call, you get a recording stating they have too many calls, try again later. I have called three times a day for two weeks and that's what I get. Others have said the same. Something is wrong. I don't know what. I may never get my P3 back. They won't respond.

While it does suck that it has been taking them a while to repair birds you can bet they are doing everything they can to keep up. DJI is still a growing company and I think they never dreamed they would become so big so quickly. That leads to logistic problems and they are overwhelmed. While it may take 20 minutes to look at your bird there are hundreds, maybe thousands in line ahead of you. DJI sells a lot of units so a percentage are going to come back. Aside from real repairs another percentage of those will be user error but they couldn't figure it out so back it goes. I would not want to be a tech at DJI, I bet they are overworked at the moment. They are restructuring their California location and are hiring more techs so hopefully the backlog will shrink.

As far as your complaining about complaining, you know the rules joining here, or at least you should, you checked a box saying you did. The rule applies to all sponsors because this is not the place to fight your battles with vendors, it is a resource of and for ideas and people from around the world with a similar passion. The forum has no connection to DJI nor are they a sponsor of the site, just like the Corvette forum I belong to isn't sponsored by GM. Like I said, this is a place to talk over ideas, share experiences, photos and videos, a place for camaraderie with other DJI owners.

The long & short of it is I hope you get your bird back soon and complaining here won't make it happen any faster. Please try to use the negative energy you put into the post's you make here into something positive. Hopefully reading other members post here will help you in your own quest to become a better pilot when you get it back. Or if you think DJI is not for you I am sure you would be able to sell it and recoup most of your money. Try and hang in there a bit longer and you'll be flying before you know it. ;)
LuvMyTJ. After 8 weeks of waiting, what you said here is no longer a valid excuse for DJI. If they can't keep up, that is not the consumers fault. Write me a check for my faulty drone. Send me a replacement drone. You don't take 8 or more weeks to honor their written warranty. And not being able to give me a date when, that is unacceptable to me. Future customers need to know what they can expect if they invest in DJI. I have no choice but to wait. I am waiting. I have waited. I am considering that I may never get my P3 back. DJI has given me no reason to think otherwise. I'm hoping someone on this forum possibly knows the CEO of DJI and has him or her contact me to make this right.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20