Enjoy your drones now while you can - will soon be banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Enjoy your drones now while you can - will soon be banne

From what I understand radio controled aircraft have always been banned from national parks.

So I don't understand the drama in the thread title.

they're banning drones in all national parks..what don't you understand...and this is just the first step..then it will be at all beaches...then all residential area's...its just a matter of time..thats all I'm pointing out..if you don't agree..thats your prerogative...im sharing a story with the board thats all.

abacus01 said:
Its not if its going to be banned..its when will it be banned..well according to this article..drone flying will be banned in all national parks...its just a matter of time...before our toys will be paperweights....

http://www.engadget.com/2014/06/20/nati ... /#comments

True, I will destroy mine immediately.

Go try and fly a radio controled aircraft on a beach and see what happens. What don't you understand? They are bound to modify older guidlines to include simular devices that didn't exist when the the rules were first set.

Do I like it? No But it's not really much different.

Want to sell me your Phantom cheap before the bottom falls out?

FYI.. All Delaware State Parks ban the usage of all radio controlled (RC) craft. Look at rule 15 specifically 15.2.
http://www.destateparks.com/rules/

I was going to be near a couple this weekend so was checking the rules to see if they had anything, well dang they do. And DE currently doesn't have a national park.

Hmm, this is gonna be interesting.

abacus01 said:
they're banning drones in all national parks..what don't you understand...and this is just the first step..then it will be at all beaches...then all residential area's...its just a matter of time..thats all I'm pointing out..if you don't agree..thats your prerogative...im sharing a story with the board thats all.

And your evidence that this just the first step? The article is just about parks.

You would be naive in thinking more restrictions and regulations won't be shoved down our throats in the short/long term.

The majority of the population don't fly drones. We are a minority and if I was in the majority heck I would support more drone regulation.

abacus01 said:
Its not if its going to be banned..its when will it be banned..well according to this article..drone flying will be banned in all national parks...its just a matter of time...before our toys will be paperweights....

Whimper !!! WhatEVER shall we do??? :roll: :lol:

-slinger

Is the glass half empty or is half full? I find it just as easy to find positive articles on a subject as I can find negative ones as well.

Take a look at this one and see if they sky is falling.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2014-0 ... lly-majors

Victor Catalanotto
USED BELLANCA PARTS
www.bellanca.us

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

seeing how ALL UAV aircraft will have new FAA regulations set in place sept 2015.. id say who gives a **** about national parks. i assume they will regulate the **** out of it and no one will be able to fly with out permits and licenses... i mean come on. its the FAA. when have they ever done anything right...

Txcarguy said:
Is the glass half empty or is half full? I find it just as easy to find positive articles on a subject as I can find negative ones as well.

Take a look at this one and see if they sky is falling.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2014-0 ... lly-majors

Victor Catalanotto
USED BELLANCA PARTS
http://www.bellanca.us

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Gotta luv it! :)

I posted that in the News section a few days back.

I've lived in Boynton since '72.

Doono said:
abacus01 said:

True, I will destroy mine immediately.

Please post the video when you destroy your Phantom.
Thanks

My point was it will eventually be over regulated. Will this happen in the next year or two probably not. Unfortunately I know all of you are responsible flyers. But there are those that push the limit like flying it 4000 feet in the air. Its these few and one major accident is all it will take. And to all you smart alecs and you know who you are please grow up and dont act like a child to defend your position by saying stuff like sell me yours now. Or can we see when you will destroy your phantom. I enjoy flying it around. I thought i could share the article with you. Yea did i intentionally over dramatize it, maybe. Maybe i wanted to see what everyone else thoght. But i see that any body who posts anything negative on this or any other board gets beat up by all the other members. So now babies, lets see some more of your thoughful thought provoking comments. Im sure those still stuck in their chronological 10 year old psyches will mange to make a few more snide remarks. Bring it on.

Good thing I'm an outlaw :eek:

They will get banned and then people will just fly them anyway, people will all ways risk it and in reality depending on were you fly them it would be pretty hard to get done inless you stand in the middle of a town center with a hivis on that says in big letters i am flying the drone and braking the law.

Tappits.. or are stupid enough to post it to facebook or youtube. Duh.

Or make a website with videos, or advertise you are in real estate & willing to do flyovers for clients/customers.

And yes, even now people do stupid irresponsible things then post it to youtube, just watch worlds dumbest tv show one day & you can see a lot of that stupidity.

Got to love human stupidity.

Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me

seriously though, I think city flyin' will soon be again the law, but there's a lot of wide open country out there. I'm sure it will effect some more than others, and the other side of this is there really isn't anything we can do about it anyway, so frettin' bout it won't do no good no how.

Geez, country music really does something to me :?

abacus01 said:

Yes numerous threads on this forum how about banning/restrictions of RC's operating national parks. It's a sad deal I think it will only get worse and more restrictions to follow. Wish we had a lobbyist or something representing the hobbyist. Have a RC flyer type parks is not the answer it takes the fun and exploring part away. And leaves a hollow feeling that makes it not worth even doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl