engine trouble after crash

Reaction score
got a little problem I cant get round without help as it seems.

After a friend tried to fly and was a bit to hard on the drone i've got into some problems that I cant find out how to solve myself.

he crashed and after that one of the engines stopped working. I thought it should be easy just to change engine so I bought a new one and connected it. the problem is still there though.

When I start the drone all lamps are flashing and so, when I then start the engines all but one (the one I changed) starts spinning but that one just tries to start. I can see it, and i'm not sure what the word is in english, trying to spin but it can't. the closest i can explain it is a clock with a bad battery that just stands still and tries to "jump" forward. the intresting part is that when I start the engines the lamp closest to that engine stops working and starts working again as soon as I turn the engines off.

does anybody know what can have happend and how I can fix this problem?

It was an ESC Problem,
The electronic speed control is bad to that motor!
And must be replaced. It is the small circuit board attached to the motor! Keep your old motor as a spare, as it is most likely still good! Requires a bit more soldering than just the motor, but still an easy fix, and they are cheap! Good luck.

Also make sure you hook phantom to Pc and do a complete calibration ( advanced IMU calibration , and then a fresh compass calibration before first flight. ) with new parts installed!

( WANTED TO ADD: make sure versions match ( either ESC Ver.2.0 or ESC Ver.2.1, depending on your model version ) take care

J Dot
:cool:

Reactions: Sigge_3
It was an ESC Problem,
The electronic speed control is bad to that motor!
And must be replaced. It is the small circuit board attached to the motor! Keep your old motor as a spare, as it is most likely still good! Requires a bit more soldering than just the motor, but still an easy fix, and they are cheap! Good luck.

Also make sure you hook phantom to Pc and do a complete calibration ( advanced IMU calibration , and then a fresh compass calibration before first flight. ) with new parts installed!

( WANTED TO ADD: make sure versions match ( either ESC Ver.2.0 or ESC Ver.2.1, depending on your model version ) take care

J Dot
thanks for the answer! then it is as I thought. sat here when I ordered the motor and thought for myself if I should go for the circuit board direcly or just the motor. should have gone for the board then... well well, now I got 2 spare motors instead.

just one question, how can i see what version i got? i bought this without the box and doesn't have much info to go on :/

3 ways to tell:
1) there is a white sticker on each ESC ( with a small QR CODE ON IT ) there will be no Ver.# for 2.0, or will say Ver.21 on sticker

If sticker is not present

Than startup beeps will tell

If it goes ( deedle, deedle, deedle, dee, beep, beep, beep, beep ) itsversion 2.0

If it is missing last 4 ( BEEPS ) than version 2.1.

And lastly
If your motors are 2312 motors ( 2.1 esc ) , if motors are 2212 than Ver 2.0!

Hope this helps!

J Dot

Reactions: Sigge_3

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj