Ending Vision manufacturing. Should I be worried?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just got my Vision in the last week and, reading over another thread, it looks like folks have confirmed that DJI has ceased to manufacture the regular Vision (not the Vision+). Should I be worried? What kind of track record does DJI have for supporting discontinued products? Should I expect to continue to see firmware and feature updates or will they die on the vine immediately (or shortly after)?

Should I return it? Would you now expect to see a price drop in the remaining stock of Visions or perhaps the Vision+?

I know no one is going to have a sure answer, I'm just asking for an opinion from the folks who have been exposed to this company for enough time to know what their usual MO is with previous products.

DJI has sold enough Phantom 2 Visions to some day flood the used parts market as the flying frames age.

Same goes for all of the Phantom series. We'll see used parts available for years to come.

But lets be real. The personal use UAV market is like most other electronic devices.
Technological advancement is happening so quickly that older equipment will have lesser appeal or functional use.

Enjoy the current lifecycle of your UAV now; not next year or the one following.

Ah crap I hope any possible crashes I have doesn't damage anything
At least the batteries are still the same design

As long as the product right now does everything you want it to do, I don't see what the issue is. Aside from the camera, it shares all the same parts as the Vision Plus. There are lots of spares available from numerous dealers. If you truly bust up the camera, you can attach all kinds of other cameras and gimbals in its place.

Even if DJI and all the spare parts somehow disappeared off the face of the planet, you can use parts from other quadcopters as well (though it can be tricky to get everything to work exactly right).

garrock said:
DJI has sold enough Phantom 2 Visions to some day flood the used parts market as the flying frames age.

Same goes for all of the Phantom series. We'll see used parts available for years to come.

But lets be real. The personal use UAV market is like most other electronic devices.
Technological advancement is happening so quickly that older equipment will have lesser appeal or functional use.

Enjoy the current lifecycle of your UAV now; not next year or the one following.

+1 Well said...

I've bound my new Plus RE700 extender to my camera. No problems with that, so.... Now I'm waiting on delivery of the +V3 Transmitter and I'll be as "futureproof" as I can currently get with the P2Vision. ;)

Cant wait for some good weather to test the TX, RE range and gimbal wheel.
Would still like the RP 3rd axis upgrade and retractable legs.

Anyone know where I can get the re700 repeater and the new transmitter as I need one for both of my phantoms(my p2v+ already has the repeater)

RCRookie said:
Here ya go:
DJI Vision + 5.8 ghz Remote Control with gimbal wheel
http://www.helipal.com/djipvp-16-5-8ghz-remote-controller-v2.html?gclid=CJeEuZi3hcMCFQULMgodlDQAJQ
DJI Vision + RE700 Range Extender
http://www.helipal.com/djipvp-01-dji-phantom-2-vision-plus-re700-wifi-range-extender.html

Alternatively, you can order them both thru the DJI Website!

Thank you big time

I looked on dji's site and no luck(the mobile site SUCKS)

Downside is I need two of the remotes vs one of the repeaters haha

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj