Enabling IOC on New Phantom 2 with Mac Assistant

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I finally bought myself a P2. I have been pouring over the manuals and online guides before getting more daring during flights. One thing I can't seem to get is how to enable IOC on the phantom. In every online tutorial it simply says to connect the phantom to your computer, open the assistant software, click on advanced, then click on the IOC tab and check the box to enable IOC.

The problem is, when I click on the advanced menu, I don't have any of the tabs show up in my software that I see in the tutorials online. I only have options for Gimbal and Battery. I am using the newest Mac version of the assistant software. On the home screen of the software on the right hand side it says "IOC Intelligent Orientation Control: NONE". It also says "Gimbal Switch: NONE". However, I have a zenmuse installed and working properly on my P2. I tried using the HL and CL options in tests flights and neither seem to do anything different.

How in the world am I supposed to enable IOC when the software gives me no option? If anyone can clear this up for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Click the top right where it says Phantom and select Naza mode. The other tabs will then be visible.

I thought IOC was default enabled on the p2 and the only thing that isn't enabled is Manual mode

No HL, CL, Atti are disabled by default unless you switch to Naza mode.

So if I understand click the the Phantom tab then it warning you that you are enabling Naza M mode? After you enable it then you can turn on IOC? With IOC on do you still have GPS, ATTI/GPS, ATTI?

extrememc said:
So if I understand click the the Phantom tab then it warning you that you are enabling Naza M mode? After you enable it then you can turn on IOC? With IOC on do you still have GPS, ATTI/GPS, ATTI?

Yes to all the above.

Ahhhhh.. OK. I bought my phantom 2 second hand. Previous owner already enabled IOC on 1st toggle. He also set right switch to GPS-ATT-Manual.

What's the advantage of Manual mode vs Failsafe? which does everyone prefer and why?

d4ddyo said:
Ahhhhh.. OK. I bought my phantom 2 second hand. Previous owner already enabled IOC on 1st toggle. He also set right switch to GPS-ATT-Manual.

What's the advantage of Manual mode vs Failsafe? which does everyone prefer and why?

Use failsafe. That way you can just flick the switch and the Phantom will return home if you get dis-orientated. I would never fly in manual mode.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie