Enabling Intelligent Orientation (top left switch)

Reaction score
I downloaded the DJI software and used the USB cable to establish a link between my Phantom and the software. It asks my to insert the disk that came with my Phantom. The package did not include a disk. How do I enable Intelligent orientation on the Phantom? I want to use the feature "Home Lock."

yorider

I searched everywhere and could not find a website with the drivers. Any suggestions???

I recently enabled it as well,. and kind of discovered why they made it disabled to begin with, it's a bit tricky to learn. (and I think you need a very wide open area)
Be sure to download all the other manuals from the DJI site, and read in the Advanced Manual how IOC works and such.

Thanks Gizmo. Has anyone else enabled home lock and were there any problems in doing so?

I contacted my supplier re this problem, and the reply was that IOC is already installed and activated. Though no help with my main problem of running the assistant, I have installed the driver, but my Win7 64-bit set up doesn't want to know. And none of my USB ports will even acknowledge the Phantom when connected. Just wonder if the USB connections inside the Phantom could be faulty.

-from what I've seen, and personal experience,.(unless they changed things in much more recent batch) is that IOC is not enabled when out of the box and needs to be turned on in the NAZAM software.
Of course, it's easy to find out by flying the Phantom 70ft away, rotating it and pulling back on the right stick to see what happens.

Your best bet in figuring out if your USB is faulty is by finding someone else with a PC , install the driver+software and what happens when you connect the Phantom up with that.
Hope you can get that sorted, as it can definitely come in handy being able to connect/calibrate your Phantom

Gizmo3000 said:
-from what I've seen, and personal experience,.(unless they changed things in much more recent batch) is that IOC is not enabled when out of the box and needs to be turned on in the NAZAM software.
Of course, it's easy to find out by flying the Phantom 70ft away, rotating it and pulling back on the right stick to see what happens.

Your best bet in figuring out if your USB is faulty is by finding someone else with a PC , install the driver+software and what happens when you connect the Phantom up with that.
Hope you can get that sorted, as it can definitely come in handy being able to connect/calibrate your Phantom

My supplier is Quadcopters and I think they know a bit more about the Phantom than I. Regards trying on another PC, well I have three here, a Desktop + two Laptops, and they all give the same result.
Checked out the IOC by flying approx 50ft. high and about 150 ft. distance, held it at a hover, switched in IOC HL, spun left about 100 degrees, then pulled back on the pitch control, and it seemed to be working very well.

While the Phantom comes with it turned off,. and it can be a bit confusing, I *highly* recommend turning it on!

It kind of saved my butt yesterday, I flew way out into the sun yesterday and lost my bearings,. couldn't quite tell what direction it was facing.
so I flipped on IOC to HL and pulled back on the right stick
..and low and behold my phantom started flying back towards me (while facing in a diagonal manner)
when I finally could tell what direction it was facing I went to regular GPS flying.
pretty awesome feature to have!

kesnim said:
My supplier is Quadcopters and I think they know a bit more about the Phantom than I. Regards trying on another PC, well I have three here, a Desktop + two Laptops, and they all give the same result.
Checked out the IOC by flying approx 50ft. high and about 150 ft. distance, held it at a hover, switched in IOC HL, spun left about 100 degrees, then pulled back on the pitch control, and it seemed to be working very well.

That's interesting that IOC was enabled, as even DJI's own video states you need to download the software to enable it.
sounds slightly suspicious (and very frustrating) that you're then unable to get the software going and connected to the Phantom

Attachments

• IOC.jpg
    IOC.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 895
Thanks for pointing that out Gizmo, will make a reference to that on my next contact with Quadcopters.
I have asked them if there is any way I can check the USB connection, as on all my PCs when any thing external is connected via USB there is always some acknowledgement on screen. With the Phantom there is no reactions what ever, have tried all available USB ports with same result. This is something which leaves a bad taste, as the hassle involved and price paid are not proportional.

kesnim said:
Thanks for pointing that out Gizmo, will make a reference to that on my next contact with Quadcopters.
I have asked them if there is any way I can check the USB connection, as on all my PCs when any thing external is connected via USB there is always some acknowledgement on screen. With the Phantom there is no reactions what ever, have tried all available USB ports with same result. This is something which leaves a bad taste, as the hassle involved and price paid are not proportional.

That's a major bummer.
- sounds like you got one of the rare lemons in the bunch
the Phantom appears to be DJI's first foray into pre-built drones for consumers, so there's bound to be some initial hiccups.
hopefully they can sort you out ok. (and at least you had the opportunity to fly your Phantom a bit).

one can only hypothesize what's broken (as well as why IOC came enabled,. maybe it's a UK vs USA distribution thing?).
I assume you're tried taking the accompanying USB extender cable out of the equation as well? never know with cables.

I've read that the Phantom is built and priced quite competitively compared to custom/home built drone's using the same parts - so even if you went the custom route, you would have experienced the same risk of getting a faulty part.

I received my Phantom today and IOC was disabled out of the box. Only took a minute to enable with the software though.

It maybe impossible to set the IOC with the Naza assist software as many, from what I have read cannot get it to work on the Phantom. I am one of those where the software refuses to work, yet the Phantom recognizes the usb, by showing a solid green light, but software fails to work, no matter how many times I try to uninstall and reinstall the driver. tried both drivers, no luck. So to get it working is luck and you either get it going, or does not.

This looks like it is a problem and reading these forums, and others about this issue, it's common.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20