Enable IOC

Reaction score
I'm trying to enable IOC on my P2V+. I have NAZA turned on and I go into the tab for IOC,. When I try to check the box for IOC nothing happens. And instead I have a message on the bottom saying GPS needed. That doesn't seem right since I am at my computer in my house and I don't have and can't get GPS. Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

I am not a P2V+ owner but on the P3S it requires the quad be on when attempting this setting. Is your P2 powered up while trying this?

Reactions: dirtybum
P2 must be connected to pc and on so the transmitter make sure u save settings

I had the P2 connected to the PC and, in fact, had just completed an IMU and RC calibration. So the Phantom was connected and it was powered on. As I said though, I could not even check the box to enable IOC with the app saying GPS needed.

I ran into this once with my son's P2 after adding longer legs to it requiring moving the compass sensor. I got it working again by doing a satisfactory compass calibration first. We had to use a magnet on the compass because the compass numbers in the Assistant were too far outside their normal range. You might try that.

Are both s1and s2 all the way forward?
There was a post of mine yr ago that they told me has to do it see if u can find it

How to set ioc

I believe the problem with this is something to do with the GPS module. After unsuccessfully trying to enable IOC I just figured I'd fly it without. When I started it yesterday, all I got was slow flashing yellow - I never got the green red red red as it searches for GPS. I opened it last night and played around with the GPS connector and I had GPS - once. Tried it again this morning and only had slow flashing yellow again. Per the manual, slow yellow means Ready To Fly (non GPS) and yes, S1 and S2 were both up. So it appears I have either a bad GPS module or bad wire from module. I will be testing that tonight

Gps plug is easy to disconnect most of us had done s fix to it by securing it with tide wrap hot glue etc it might had come loose or off when u put the shell back

I believe the problem with this is something to do with the GPS module. After unsuccessfully trying to enable IOC I just figured I'd fly it without. When I started it yesterday, all I got was slow flashing yellow - I never got the green red red red as it searches for GPS. I opened it last night and played around with the GPS connector and I had GPS - once. Tried it again this morning and only had slow flashing yellow again. Per the manual, slow yellow means Ready To Fly (non GPS) and yes, S1 and S2 were both up. So it appears I have either a bad GPS module or bad wire from module. I will be testing that tonight
I would guess from this that you do not have NAZA mode enabled. Or if you are certain it is enabled in the assistant, then something is going on with your NAZA. With NAZA you should never get flashing yellow.

unless is in ATTI which can be a faulty S1 switch ,

I'm hoping it's a bad GPS module. Last flight was fine and I did not crash it. I ordered a new module from eBay. When I plug
the bird into my PC and look at the Assistant, the GPS hardware and firmware both show all zeros. So the bird doesn't even
see the GPS module. Unfortunately that narrows it down to GPS module, Main Board or Controller. I'm trying the easiest first.

It's just weird that it worked fine, then sat for about 2 weeks and then didn't work

Well, got my new GPS module and tried it to no avail. I still get the slow flashing yellow. So I have a few choices - do I try the main board, do I try the NAZA controller or do I sell the bird as is and get something else? I'm leaning towards selling it as is since the P3 Standard is now only $500 and Advanced or 4K only $800. What's the general consensus?

My direction would be with the P3 now @ $500, get what you can for the P2V+ and move on.. Law of diminishing return.

Careful you don't hit that threshold where you spend more trying to fix old vs buy new

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1