Emergency overcurrent protection

Reaction score
Hi all,

I searched the forums and the manual and I did not find an answer for this question.

Let's say that while my phantom is running a mission, somethings happens and it falls from the sky and the propellers get stuck and the motors start overheating. Is there any overcurrent protection that will shut down the motors without the pilot intervention to prevent them from catching fire ?

If the phantom falls in a forest, there would be a real risk of starting a forest fire.

I saw that many people had their motors burn out in front on them during landing tip over, if this happens 1000 feet from the pilot, that could become really dangerous.

Thanks

Petsakosh

Hi all,

I searched the forums and the manual and I did not find an answer for this question.

Let's say that while my phantom is running a mission, somethings happens and it falls from the sky and the propellers get stuck and the motors start overheating. Is there any overcurrent protection that will shut down the motors without the pilot intervention to prevent them from catching fire ?

If the phantom falls in a forest, there would be a real risk of starting a forest fire.

I saw that many people had their motors burn out in front on them during landing tip over, if this happens 1000 feet from the pilot, that could become really dangerous.

Thanks

Petsakosh
There is over-current protection built into the battery and the P3, but as you know stuff happens - especially in a crash. Best advice is to follow the rules and try not to crash. ;)

1. ESCs through FW control try to limit the currents in each motor to just needed level to keep drone flying at set conditions

2. Battery FW tries to limit currents at a level a battery can supply at the ambient seen by it.

3. Batteries have inbuilt short circuit protection.

Even with all these in built protections motors may get burned due to overheating in case of loss of cooling through props or operating in hot ambients above 40deg Celsius.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Reactions: Dounin Front

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.