Eliminating fisheye- PLEASE HELP !

Reaction score
Hello everyone ..

Does anyone know of a way to eliminate or edit out the fisheye effect? I can't seem to rid myself of it ...

PLEASE HELP !!

Shawn - 1. the latest Adobe Lightroom has a lens adjustment that will fix the fisheye if you have LIghtroom. 2. Photoshop will fix video. It takes time to render but it works well using a similar lens adjustment. 2. If you Google for non-Lightroom/Photoshop options, there are quite a few videos on Youtube out there.

I am looking to get rid of the fisheye in video. I use lightroom for fixing still photos.

Thanks

Oh, forgot to mention: when I tried the free trial version, it didn't really work. But I saw some examples online and decided to buy it and it works great. Using the "Generic GoPro" profile.

Shawn8202 said:
I am looking to get rid of the fisheye in video. I use lightroom for fixing still photos.

Thanks

Shawn, do you use premier pro cc? If so, there is a preset filter specifically for the Phantom. This corrects the fisheye fairly well. You can see an example on my video, here: https://vimeo.com/102739921

Attachments

• LensFilter.png
    LensFilter.png
    68.8 KB · Views: 781
nhoover said:
Oh, forgot to mention: when I tried the free trial version, it didn't really work. But I saw some examples online and decided to buy it and it works great. Using the "Generic GoPro" profile.

I just downloaded and tried the go pro software but the fish eye removal is not in the option list.

The GoPro software only works on videos produced by GoPros.

thanks, not really used FCP, normally use iMovie.

will give it a go.

thanks

I use ProDrenaline 1.0 and it does a good job with both photos and video. It has a lot of different camera profiles and depending upon what format I shoot (wide acreen, narrow, large picture, etc.) I experiment with the different profiles to see which looks better for the video or photo I am editing. For example, the profile for the Panasonic HX-A500 1080 worked well for me when I stitched together photos for a panoramic shot.

Koz said:
I use ProDrenaline 1.0 and it does a good job with both photos and video. It has a lot of different camera profiles and depending upon what format I shoot (wide acreen, narrow, large picture, etc.) I experiment with the different profiles to see which looks better for the video or photo I am editing. For example, the profile for the Panasonic HX-A500 1080 worked well for me when I stitched together photos for a panoramic shot.

Thanks, just getting a demo version to look at.

KDEnlive, a free non-linear video editor, has a nice defish effect that works really well.

For stills, GIMP will do a good job or defish'ing too.

robinb said:
Koz said:

Thanks, just getting a demo version to look at.

You don't really need a demo of anything, just go to piratebay and download which ever program you want for free. Final cut pro, adobe programs, any of them really, test them all out and pick your favorite.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.