Eggsnow gopro mount. Can I cheat the system?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

New here and fairly new to the drone flying world so be gentle.

I have recently bought a second hand Phantom 2. It's great, it does everything I want and more, except film stuff. I didn't want to spend a small fortune while I'm still mastering the art and a friend of mine ended up selling me this Phantom so there was never an option for the Vision model.

I also own one of those tiny GoPro Hero Session cameras... You can see where I'm going with this can't you?

Can I buy this mount: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eggsnow-Vi...5174552&sr=8-25&keywords=dji+phantom+2+gimbal from Amazon and put it on my Phantom 2, but instead of using the GoPro plate to mount the bigger cameras, just screw my little Session in using the case it came in?

I'm not too bothered about the whole FPV thing (yet..) and just want something to watch back on the computer once I've finished messing about/practicing with the Phantom.

I've been scouring the forum for an hour now and can't find any info on the Session. Maybe with good reason..

Cheers :)

Jim (UK)

Looks like it is pictured on a ph 1 but there are lots of holes in the plates so maybe you can use some of them on the ph 2. No problem using this with the session cam. Only thing is hight. If it's to low it will land on the cam instead of the landing gear...

Sendt fra min Sony XP via Tapatalk

Thank you for your response Helinor. Since writing this thread I bit the bullet and treated myself to a P4. What a piece of kit!!

It seems the issue is no longer pertinent to you since you've now bought a Phantom 4, but in case any other newcomers find this thread:

Yes, it is certainly possible to use the GoPro Session (or really any other small, lightweight camera for that matter) on a Phantom (1 or 2). If you don't require real-time FPV and gimbal stabilization, all you need to do is figure out a way to attach the camera to the Phantom (hint: zip ties are a wonderful thing!). If you do want real-time FPV, you just need to add a video transmitter (VTX, such as an ImmersionRC 5.8GHz 600mW, although there are many, MANY other models of VTX available) and the proper wiring from the camera to the transmitter, and a receiver and monitor on the ground.

Really the only reason the GoPro Hero 3/4 are widely used is because the Zenmuse H3-2/3/4D gimbals that DJI makes fit those cameras only (and gimbal-stabilized video is much nicer than non-stabilized video).

(There are, however, aftermarket 3rd-party gimbals that exist for other cameras, although finding and installing them may not be as easy as the DJI Zenmuse gimbal.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.