Editing P4 Video

Reaction score
Hey guys!
I'm having a lot of trouble editing P4 video. No matter what i do I can't get it to work.

Importing it directly into Final Cut Pro it looks extremely blurry.

I tried using the P3 log converter to convert it into Prores 422 and it's still blurry.

What am I doing wrong?

To import video into Final Cut Pro you usually have to create a new project and specific the format. Did you specific it at a lower format? If you get info on the video opened in QuickTime player what does it say?

I like adobe premiere pro CC, you can edit it in raw and then select your export settings.

4k at first, and then 1080p. Yup, taking off the SD.

Still look great! Even the video looks great when watching it normally. It only looks blurry in iMovie/FCP

Can someone recommend video editing software that doesn't break he bank?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Adobe premiere is best in my opinion. You can get huge discounts if you know a teacher that would be willing to loan out there School email and Photo ID badge.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I finally took time to start making my first video. I was going to use my Adobe program but my Mac is giving me problems right now. Because of that, I'm using iMovie which seems pretty easy to deal with. DANG, it takes forever to make a 3:27 video!

Nothing wrong with your approach. The camera on the p4 is not that great a quality. I am very much disappointed with the quality. Blurry and not very detailed at all.

If what you see off the card is no good then no software in the world is going to fix that.

Hey guys!
I'm having a lot of trouble editing P4 video. No matter what i do I can't get it to work.

Importing it directly into Final Cut Pro it looks extremely blurry.

I tried using the P3 log converter to convert it into Prores 422 and it's still blurry.

What am I doing wrong?

When you first import into FCP it has to render video you will see a status dial right in centre of screen that shows how far that has got.
as long as with qt the original file from sd card looks ok, FCP will be ok.
depending how old your computer is will determine how quickly it does it all.

It's crap p4 footage. No fix for it. I regret buying the stupid thing.

I have a P3P that shoots excellent videos (look on YT), was considering selling my P3P and going to P4...maybe not.
DACON

I find the video from the P4 is stunning, especially in 2.7 and 4K. . Much better than the video from my GoPro hero 4 black taken from my DJI 550. Both at highest resolution, phantom 4 beats the GoPro, hands down.

iMovie.... 4K. No issues.

Reactions: ftttu
Great vid! How do you keep iMovie to keep it in 4K format? My iMovie keeps dropping the video format down from 4K.
When using imovie, i had to export the file as its own file in 4k. Then, i uploaded the file to youtube, but a 1 minute videow was like 4gb. Anytime i tried to directly export it from imovie, ive expereienced what you talked about. It downgrades it

Hey gauramohana are you sure that you are viewing in best quality and not best performance, and what file are you exporting from fcpx? ProRess or h.264
full

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1