Edit: going a different route

Reaction score
Edit: I think I'm going to go for a 250 quad build instead. Here's the current build setup so far.

1 x QAV 250mm quadcopter CF frame
1 x Camera
1 x TS351 Transmitter
1 x RC305 Receiver
1 x CC3D flight controller
4 x Emax MT 1806 2280KV motor ( 2x CW + 2x CCW )
4 x Emax Simonk 12A ESC
8 x 5030 5x3" Gemfan propeller ( 4x CW + 4x CCW ) ( 2 random color,4pcs per color )
1 x XT60 plug
1 x ESC Distribution board

All for under $300, so what do you think? Anything I should change/add? Budget for build is $300, total of all listed parts is at 245.99.

Re: F450/phantom fc40 question

I took the bits from my FC40 and put them on a F450 kit with not much effort. You will mainly need the Naza v2 and the Transmitter / Receiver. I bought the Naza Lite Connection bits - the GPS puck and LED / Power Modules instead of using the FC40 pieces which where not in casings.

kevinjames said:
I took the bits from my FC40 and put them on a F450 kit with not much effort. You will mainly need the Naza v2 and the Transmitter / Receiver. I bought the Naza Lite Connection bits - the GPS puck and LED / Power Modules instead of using the FC40 pieces which where not in casings.

Thanks, sounds like it won't be too bad then. I'm either going to go that route, or I might just keep the phantom and do a slow build with better parts. Also what transmitter would you recommend? I have a devo 7, but I don't think it would work on a quadcopter.

kitari said:
kevinjames said:

Thanks, sounds like it won't be too bad then. I'm either going to go that route, or I might just keep the phantom and do a slow build with better parts. Also what transmitter would you recommend? I have a devo 7, but I don't think it would work on a quadcopter.

Devo 7 works with a quad. See the Helipal site for setup configuration. I was running it with a 550 for a while. You can also center the throttle (as with the DJI versions) by taking off the back and repositioning the spring adjust so it will stay in the center position. Of course, you need to use a proper rx with it.

ladykate said:
kitari said:
kevinjames said:

Devo 7 works with a quad. See the Helipal site for setup configuration. I was running it with a 550 for a while. You can also center the throttle (as with the DJI versions) by taking off the back and repositioning the spring adjust so it will stay in the center position. Of course, you need to use a proper rx with it.

Oh, well that's good then. I was thinking about selling my master cp heli and the devo 7 to get a good transmitter, so now I can just keep the one I have and maybe sell the heli for something else. Ok, so let's see if I have this right, unless I want to use parts from the phantom, I'd need to get the f450 frame, the circuit board everything plugs into (not sure what it's called), naza-m lite, gps, led module, escs, motors, props, receiver, and the rx right? Or am I missing anything? (Sorry for asking so many questions, I'm just a noob when it comes to building quadcopters.)

Hello.

I'm thinking about building my Dji FC40 to an F450. Have bought a cheap HJ450 frame and DJI SBEC / INDICATOR MODULE (on the way in the mail).
I have searched a lot online / youtube without finding a good video on how to transfer a phantom 1 / 2 / FC40 to a 450 frame, mainly for placing GPS and compass.
Is there anyone who can help me? :)

Regards
oyvind

OEKA said:
Hello.

I'm thinking about building my Dji FC40 to an F450. Have bought a cheap HJ450 frame and DJI SBEC / INDICATOR MODULE (on the way in the mail).
I have searched a lot online / youtube without finding a good video on how to transfer a phantom 1 / 2 / FC40 to a 450 frame, mainly for placing GPS and compass.

Regards
oyvind

Yep the upgrade bug got me too...
I am starting on a DJI F450 AFR kit tomorrow . I bought a Naza lite gps module and a led . I'm going to use the Naza and rx from the Phantom.
I found this FC40/f450 build . It may be what you're looking for.
He used a child's plastic egg to mount the gps

http://djiphantom.blogspot.co.nz/

Tallyrver said:
OEKA said:
Hello.

Regards
oyvind

Yep the upgrade bug got me too...
I am starting on a DJI F450 AFR kit tomorrow . I bought a Naza lite gps module and a led . I'm going to use the Naza and rx from the Phantom.
I found this FC40/f450 build . It may be what you're looking for.
He used a child's plastic egg to mount the gps

http://djiphantom.blogspot.co.nz/

Are you using your naza v2? In that case i am not sure the lite GPS will work with the naza v2. :/ Read this on the dji site..
The blogsite is nice, i have viewed it earlier, good manual on rebuild.

The only difference between the Naza Lite and V2 is the firmware on the Lite is locked. The gps and led will work.
I opened the Phantom and hooked them up and it actually found the satellites faster.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj