ECS Failure?

Reaction score
I posted about this around a month ago. I had a crash with my Vision Plus. It appeared to me that one of the ECS's failed. I attempted to duplicate it in a flight but the Vision flew fine. I took it out the a beach today and after a few seconds in the air that same motor/ECS stop working. This time I got it on video. What do you think:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Definitely time to replace that motor(s) and ESC(s) looks like after a few it heated up and failed. If you could slow that video way down and watch real close you might see if any of the motors stopped.

Last time you crashed you indicated you didn't know it was still under warranty. But when you found out it was you were going to send it to DJI. I guess you didn't as this is the same type of crash as before. Send them the video and get an RMA and let them fix it this time on their dime.
Good luck. Next crash like this may destroy it ....

Last edited:
**** man! That sucks! Smart move on your part having a camera trained on it. Roy has already given the best advice I think. Good luck on getting this sorted out.

Would you happen to know what version ESC's your Quad has? I've seen a lot of people post saying that if you take the lid off, it voids the warranty, so likely not worth the trouble to find out.

Keep in mind you will now have sand in all 4 motors after that crash.

Definitely time to replace that motor(s) and ESC(s) looks like after a few it heated up and failed. If you could slow that video way down and watch real close you might see if any of the motors stopped.

I slowed it down as much as I could (it's slowed down twice in the middle of the video. It's then slowed down with a close up). It's definitely one motor that stops working. While I've not tried it after this last crash, each of the other time the drone will take off just fine and fly for a few seconds. I'm not an expert but I think a motor is more likely to work or not work.

Last time you crashed you indicated you didn't know it was still under warranty. But when you found out it was you were going to send it to DJI. I guess you didn't as this is the same type of crash as before. Send them the video and get an RMA and let them fix it this time on their dime.
Good luck. Next crash like this may destroy it ....

Correct. But I wanted video to document what the issue was. After the last crash I taped it to a table and "flew". It worked fine. I then took it out in my backyard and flew it for a minute and again, it flew fine. That is when I though perhaps the motor stop working initially because something overheated. I was at a beach yesterday so I thought it would be a good spot to test it in a real flight. Sure enough, 5 seconds into the flight that same motor stopped working. I cleaned it up and let it sit for about 30 minutes. This video is from the next flight. The ESCs have a 12 month warranty and it's now 7 months old.

I would stop messing with it and contact DJI support and tell them what it's doing. Rey will email you a form and an RMA. Fill it out send it in and in 6-9 weeks you'll have it back all repaired. Warranty not good after the 12 months.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic