eBay multi plate charger

Reaction score
Anyone running any multi charger plate with their stock dji balance charger? Are they any safe for lipo batteries?

I have it. It's basically a powerstrip. I paid $89 and I think it's overpriced. The only thing it does is deliver power from your provided power source to the P2 battery. The P2 internals do all the "smart" stuff (re:balancing and peaking). I wouldn't use this strip on anything other than P2 a battery because it does not have a balance adaptor.

Honest opinion, I would not have bought this if I had known what it was. The strip can be made for less than $5.00. Furthermore, I charge on a Hyperion Duo charger - it's about as bomb-proof as you get for a lipo charger and it false peaks using this strip. I've gone back to using the slowwww DJI charger. It takes a lot longer, but I'm getting better, fuller, more accurate charges out of my batteries. I started bringing my batteries to work and charging them under my desk, then fly after work.

Someone will come out a fast charger, it's just a matter of time...

This is the type of parallel charging board you can use with the DJI stock charger (and many others): http://www.buddyrc.com/paraboard-v2-xh-xt60.html

However, the stock DJI charger puts out so little current, that you wouldn't really save time by charging two on there at once...each will charge about half the rate of one, so it ends up being the same time to charge two.

For anybody who wants to charge more than one batt at a time, it's usually better to go with a basic aftermarket charger that will push 5-6A, like the Turnigy Accucel6 or the Imax B6.

T25eD8XAhXXXXXXXXX_!!78206006-0-rate.jpg_400x400.jpg

I select 2.0A current to charge up to 6 batteries simultaneously and it takes 6 hours to finish & stop itself.
The max current available is 5.0A.
:cool: :cool: :cool:

Northwest_Scene said:
OI Photography said:
I think the OP may have been asking about the P1 charger...?

Yeah it is phantom 1

lol, my mistake.

for my Phantom 1, I use this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tarot-Lipo-Para ... 540749554d

there are a bunch that look similar and they all work the same. I usually charge 4 at a time at 7 amps. I could attach more, but it can get a little cumbersome. A good lipo charger with a good peak detection will keep you protected.

Diesel31 said:
I have it. It's basically a powerstrip. I paid $89 and I think it's overpriced. The only thing it does is deliver power from your provided power source to the P2 battery. The P2 internals do all the "smart" stuff (re:balancing and peaking). I wouldn't use this strip on anything other than P2 a battery because it does not have a balance adaptor.

Honest opinion, I would not have bought this if I had known what it was. The strip can be made for less than $5.00. Furthermore, I charge on a Hyperion Duo charger - it's about as bomb-proof as you get for a lipo charger and it false peaks using this strip. I've gone back to using the slowwww DJI charger. It takes a lot longer, but I'm getting better, fuller, more accurate charges out of my batteries. I started bringing my batteries to work and charging them under my desk, then fly after work.

Are you charging using a Lipo setting or Pb battery, which basically makes your charger into a 12V power supply. The P2V, P2, and P2V+ packs all have internal circuitry that monitors the charge. The "charger" they supply is a simple power supply rated at 12.6V and 4 amps.

SilentAV8R said:
Diesel31 said:

Are you charging using a Lipo setting or Pb battery, which basically makes your charger into a 12V power supply. The P2V, P2, and P2V+ packs all have internal circuitry that monitors the charge. The "charger" they supply is a simple power supply rated at 12.6V and 4 amps.

I've done both. The provided instructions indicate using the pb battery setting since the lipo setting can false peak. It false-peaked under both settings.

Diesel31 said:
Northwest_Scene said:
OI Photography said:
I think the OP may have been asking about the P1 charger...?

Yeah it is phantom 1

lol, my mistake.

for my Phantom 1, I use this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tarot-Lipo-Para ... 540749554d

there are a bunch that look similar and they all work the same. I usually charge 4 at a time at 7 amps. I could attach more, but it can get a little cumbersome. A good lipo charger with a good peak detection will keep you protected.

thats the one i bought for a multi-plate charger, what would you recommend for a charger? Reason why Im wanting to do multi charging is because when im out in the field, I have a power inventer that i uses to recharge my P1 batteries but it stinks that I can only plug in one at a time, thus having a multi charger even if I can charge 2 at a time in my vehicle while I drive or using my spare batteries would help out a tiny bit.

9Jamie said:

I select 2.0A current to charge up to 6 batteries simultaneously and it takes 6 hours to finish & stop itself.

whats the difference between yours and the blue colored imax b6ac?

Northwest_Scene said:
9Jamie said:

Blue colored one needs an external power supply for use at home (similar to the ones you plug into a laptop), the one he posted there has that built-in, so just a standard AC power plug will work (like the kind you plug into a desktop PC). Both of them will allow you to connect to 12v (car) power as well.

OI Photography said:
Northwest_Scene said:
9Jamie said:

Blue colored one needs an external power supply for use at home (similar to the ones you plug into a laptop), the one he posted there has that built-in, so just a standard AC power plug will work (like the kind you plug into a desktop PC). Both of them will allow you to connect to 12v (car) power as well.

so which one is better to get? I will be using this on my power inverter on my car also.

BTW, when charging in a car (or anywhere, but a car in particular), you must be very careful with the lipo's...it doesn't take much of a dent in one to burst a cell and start the nastiest fire you can imagine. I'd suggest keeping them in a fireproof lipo bag while charging (even while at home), and definitely have a fire extinguisher nearby wherever you charge.

OI Photography said:
BTW, when charging in a car (or anywhere, but a car in particular), you must be very careful with the lipo's...it doesn't take much of a dent in one to burst a cell and start the nastiest fire you can imagine. I'd suggest keeping them in a fireproof lipo bag while charging (even while at home), and definitely have a fire extinguisher nearby wherever you charge.

i actually store all my batteries in a metal ammo box...thanks, ill be purchasing the imaxb6 black as of right now.

OI Photography said:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HED ... UTF8&psc=1
this is the one i got, i guess its good for 6amp...

Northwest_Scene said:
OI Photography said:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HED ... UTF8&psc=1
this is the one i got, i guess its good for 6amp...

Yeah, it can charge at up to that, but it'll depend on how much power your inverter puts out. That charger does give you the option of skipping the inverter altogether and connecting straight to your car's 12v...either at the battery, or through a cig lighter

I use this charger:

http://www.allerc.com/hyperion-eos-0720 ... -6044.html

It's powered by an old Bulldog 30 amp power supply. This charger does it all. Charges (obviously), discharges, and store mode. It even allows me to charge my 7s batteries. I have several 4s, 5s, and 6s lipos wired in parallel (20,000 mah) that I charge at 15 amps.

It looks like they fixed the Imax B6 and since you got it from Amazon, it should be authentic. I think there are sill counterfeits of that charger being sold.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20