eBay Goodluck Buy Gimbal Warning!

Reaction score
I mentioned in another post recently that my eBay Goodluck Buy Gimbal developed a bit of a shake and had come loose in the main bracket. I took two of the vibration dampeners off this morning and found that the 2 allen headed screws were extremely loose. I had to turn them a full 6 or 7 times before they tightened up.

These 2 screws are responsible for keeping the lower bracket attached to the base plate which attaches to the phantom itself. If these screws gave way the main portion of the gimbal itself separates. So theoretically if I'm up in the air and this gave way, there goes the main portion of my gimbal and more importantly, my GoPro! LOOKOUT BELOW!!!!!!! :eek:

Take the time to check the integrity of your eBay Goodluck Buy / Sell gimbal. It's a great unit for the price but you can see where they saved a penny or 2.

If this happens again I'll put washers in between the screws and plate and maybe a tiny dab of loctite as well.

I took a video of the repair itself, check it out if you're interested in seeing what I"m referring to.

http://youtu.be/fJfHYtZLMmw

After a crash, I noticed two of the screws loose (maybe they were loose before), but I've since pulled the screws out and put loctite on them - so hopefully they won't come loose again.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj