Easy way to remove gimbal pins without breaking them?

Reaction score
Last time I removed some of these clear plastic pins I had to pry with a screwdriver and increase the gap (which did not close back to what it was before) and I had to use 2 screwdrivers while pulling to get it out, which was not easy with only 2 hands.
Anyone have a trick for getting these off? A plastic straw maybe?

squeeze them togather and leave them squashed for a minute or so and then just slide them apart. The clips on the washer ene will open up allowing easy removal.
If they don't come apart leave them squeezed togather a little longer.

Last time I removed some of these clear plastic pins I had to pry with a screwdriver and increase the gap (which did not close back to what it was before) and I had to use 2 screwdrivers while pulling to get it out, which was not easy with only 2 hands.
Anyone have a trick for getting these off? A plastic straw maybe?

From my understanding (and experience) these are one use only pins.... some people have used zip ties in addition to or instead of the pins as their only real function is a fail safe against the camera/gimbal falling off the quad.

squeeze them togather and leave them squashed for a minute or so and then just slide them apart. The clips on the washer ene will open up allowing easy removal.

Hah, worked like a charm. Dunno why I never squeezed them together before (guess I just didn't think the washer part will go onto the shaft part)...

Hah, worked like a charm. Dunno why I never squeezed them together before (guess I just didn't think the washer part will go onto the shaft part)...

The shaft is tapered slightingly. The clips on the washer end will return to normal after a few minutes allowing you to reuse them

I understand that the pins are to keep the gimbal from coming off in a hard landing ( translates to CRASH ). Any thoughts on using 4 pins, instead of just the two that came installed? Has anyone done that? And, did you notice any difference in the video quality?

I used zip ties once on the two rubber ones that don't have pins in them and I didn't have the zip ties on very tight. It introduced a boat load of jello. I took the zip ties off no more jello.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik