easy removal of FPLV antennas?

max

Reaction score
I have a gpc backpack ordered and on the way for my vision 2 plus. But I am also interested in doing the FPLV stage 2 antenna kit up grade. If I did this I would really like to be able to still fit the controller into the backpack. My question is, can the FPLV antennas be easily disconnected and reconnected from the controller? thus I would only have to make minor alterations to the backpack to accommodate the connection nubs. Thanks

max said:
I have a gpc backpack ordered and on the way for my vision 2 plus. But I am also interested in doing the FPLV stage 2 antenna kit up grade. If I did this I would really like to be able to still fit the controller into the backpack. My question is, can the FPLV antennas be easily disconnected and reconnected from the controller? thus I would only have to make minor alterations to the backpack to accommodate the connection nubs. Thanks

Yes.

The cables just screw on. The Stage 2 kit is really just antenna's and cables. How you mount them is up to you. The 1/2 sphere needs to mounted to the front of the extender. Velcro works fine. The other extender antenna just screws into the top of extender.

The 5.8 control antenna just points forward. I still have not come up with a mounting setup for mine yet. I have to be careful or its going to get damaged long term. I really need to build a mount. What you decide on will determine how easy it is to remove and store.

By the way there is an antenna sub forum in here. I am sure the Mods are going to be moving this to the correct place :p

I agree with McCabe, but there is one minor thing to remember: All of those sma connectors are identical, so you will want to have a cartoon or some way to remember which goes where.

Max, you'll need to make very minor alterations to your gpc backpack to fit the controller in the pack WITH the phone holder still attached. The antennas will take you no longer than 60 secs to apply or remove. It really is an easy setup, and if you configure the other end you can store your antennas comfortably there. I think it's designed to hold a 7" monitor, but you can reconfigure the foam inserts to fit your need. I have the gpc backpack and the FPVLR stage 2 antennas, and had no problem storing them securely in the pack, even for long distance travel by plane.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic