Easy fix?

Reaction score
Hey there,

I was today up hiking in Iceland with my Phantom 3 Advanced. I was just about to bring the AC down on a flat spot, however before the AC could get there, the critical battery warning made the AC land in a bad spot, making it flip upside down, omstructing the motor and stopping. This was my own fault, and I am wondering about the damages that occured and if they are easy fixes.

No damage was done to the props or motors, but two of the white rubber holders on the gimbal came loose. And one cable is disconnected from the gimbal, making the camera and gimbal not work. I would appreciate if you guys had any input on how to fix this. (See attached pictures)
Cheers

IMG_20180816_130148.jpg IMG_20180816_130139.jpg

Happy is right. Just put everything back where it's supposed to be. I would suggest putting the wire back while you have the extra play of the disconnected rubber dampner. The rubber bits are a pain but they just feed through till they pop in place. Do 2 of them have plastic rods snapped through them?
View media item 4565

As a added protection I have zip ties in the other two holes that don't use the rubber dampers. Leave the zip ties loose.

Yeah, zip ties work. Which leads to: If you want to take all of the rubber bits off so you can remove the gimbal making it easier to repair the wire, or order new plastic parts

Update: managed to repair everything. I have tears in the rubber dampeners that got loose, I am guessing I can order replacements? They work, but I dont know how much longer they will hold.

Cheers
15344430022526486912275834859125.jpg

Glad you got it working again!

Put a zip tie through it and fly it until the new parts arrive (rubber damper and anti drop kit) or until you get tired of looking at the zip ties.
$6 part

As a added protection I have zip ties in the other two holes that don't use the rubber dampers. Leave the zip ties loose.
Am I missing something?
This is the first I've heard of any Phantom that doesn't use 4 rubber vibration dampers.
Are you confusing the rubber dampers with the anti-drop pins maybe?
Those you only use 2 of, on opposite corners.

Update: managed to repair everything. I have tears in the rubber dampeners that got loose, I am guessing I can order replacements? They work, but I dont know how much longer they will hold.

Cheers
View attachment 102436
Did you use a flat bladed screw driver to install these, that may be the culprit. I find tweezers through the hole to gently pull the end of the damper back through works nicely.

btw- faced with the autoland issue again holding the throttle full up will halt the decent and allow you to manoeuvre to a better position.

Did you use a flat bladed screw driver to install these, that may be the culprit. I find tweezers through the hole to gently pull the end of the damper back through works nicely.

btw- faced with the autoland issue again holding the throttle full up will halt the decent and allow you to manoeuvre to a better position.

Just used my fingers and that worked great, I'm guessing the tears came from the landing and earlier crashes. Thanks for the tip with the throttle, didn't think of that in the panic haha :)

Glad you got it working again!

Put a zip tie through it and fly it until the new parts arrive (rubber damper and anti drop kit) or until you get tired of looking at the zip ties.
$6 part

Awesome, thank you for your help :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31