East bay, Sacramento, Stockton, show of hands....

Reaction score
I'm taking a preliminary show of hands of how many people we could get to show up.
I rent a small shack on a big farm, on Grand Island. Middle of the California Delta.
Very scenic, hundreds of acres of corn, with views of Mount Diablo and the coast range, and also the Sacramento River.
We're right on the River, have a big grassy area to congregate, all types of drones welcome. Could fit probably a couple dozen or couple hundred people.
If we could get it off the ground, it could be epic.
Obstacles:
The landlord...he's very private and religious and it would take some prodding. Possibly signing a waiver or bribery. Maybe $5 each or something, and no, I don't want a single penny.
Should do before or after the rainy season, as the entrance I plan is a short dirt road and the grassy area will swallow vehicles, once it gets wet.
Lots of fairly windy days, but I've been having a ball with my P3P almost every day.
Would be a great place to drive onto, Maybe have barbeques, swap meet, networking, and of course, have a ball flying for miles and miles. No buildings, very few wires.
Let me know who would be interested and we'll see if it's worth approaching the landlord.

I am in the Sonoma County area right next to 80 Freeway
Hey, thanks for the reply.
I've got miles of unhindered flying areas, along with some historic, rustic towns and waterways that make for some really great vids and pics.
I'd like to get a lot of people together, but you're more than welcome for an aerial tour of the area.
I've got hundreds of great photos just from the property.

Attachments

• DJI_0049.JPG
    DJI_0049.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 442
I'm taking a preliminary show of hands of how many people we could get to show up.
I rent a small shack on a big farm, on Grand Island. Middle of the California Delta.
Very scenic, hundreds of acres of corn, with views of Mount Diablo and the coast range, and also the Sacramento River.
We're right on the River, have a big grassy area to congregate, all types of drones welcome. Could fit probably a couple dozen or couple hundred people.
Obstacles:
The landlord...he's very private and religious and it would take some prodding. Possibly signing a waiver or bribery. Maybe $5 each or something, and no, I don't want a single penny.
Should do before or after the rainy season, as the entrance I plan is a short dirt road and the grassy area will swallow vehicles, once it gets wet.
Lots of fairly windy days, but I've been having a ball with my P3P almost every day.
Would be a great place to drive onto, Maybe have barbeques, swap meet, networking, and of course, have a ball flying for miles and miles. No buildings, very few wires.
Let me know who would be interested and we'll see if it's worth approaching the landlord.

I would welcome getting to fly up there but I have to say that my area is just so much fun and so much to see!
I am in Vallejo right across from Mare Island (where the old Navy base was) and the flying if just so kewl. There are plenty of places to take off and explore so much of the area. I think the real key is getting to know others in the area that want to follow the FAA regulations and be ambassadors for our hobby. So what is the next step?

I'm in Walnut Creek area on 680

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Obstacles:

You posted this over a year ago. Anything?

How about if all of you join me on Meetup.com. I started a group, International Commercial Drone Pilots Network. Would love to see some of you join and then we can schedule an actual meeting.

How about if all of you join me on Meetup.com. I started a group, International Commercial Drone Pilots Network. Would love to see some of you join and then we can schedule an actual meeting.
Im not a UAV global professional...just some middle aged guy with a P3P.

Reactions: HaniG
I'm in if we can get a few together.
Really interested in photographers that can exchange info.
Some of my pics are on instagram.
Davethompson95690

Here is the link to the International Commercial Drone Pilots Network on Meetup.com.
International Commercial Drone Pilots Network (Antioch, CA)

I would like to schedule a meeting with some of you, discuss drones, rules, business, money making ideas, network and talk about this new and exploding industry. Join me on meet up.

I would like to schedule a meeting in the east bay, east of contra costa county so we can meet with those who live in the east bay and those on the delta side. Let's make this happen.

International Commercial Drone Pilots Network (Antioch, CA)

Let's connect, meet, talk and network..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4