Early morning ocean waves

Reaction score
I shot this video with my P3P and thought I'd post here. Note that the person on the skim board is my son. :) Comments, suggestions, and feedback welcome for improved technique, etc.:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I shot this video with my P3P and thought I'd post here. Note that the person on the skim board is my son. :) Comments, suggestions, and feedback welcome for improved technique, etc.:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
nice video due you live by there

Not bad. Only four things bother me:

1. The water looks oversaturated. Almost a radioactive green. I don't know the extent of your video editing skills but toning down the sat of the water or color correcting more toward blue without decreasing the sat of everything else would be good (I would use masking in After Effects or Premiere to confine the changes only to the water). Radioactive green water, as I call it, evokes mental images of algae (yuck) whereas blue water evokes images of cleanliness, clarity, etc.

2. Your text at the end isn't viewable long enough. I'm a pretty fast reader and I couldn't read it all before it disappeared.

3. Your credits at the end roll a little too fast as well. Not much but slowing it down just a tad would help.

4. Your title, should read something like this (format-wise and punctuation-wise):

Ocean Waves
Treasure Island, Florida

Last edited:
We don't live in the area or in Florida...just vacation. :)

I agree on the comments about the text composition...title suggestion is good and I noticed the issue with the quote at the end being too short in duration but too much effort to reload it just for a little more time though I have fixed it in the original version on my mac.

The water was a little greenish but I can't seem to get the color editing on it right to get it more blue and still having rest of shot look right. Any suggestions on that?

...The water was a little greenish but I can't seem to get the color editing on it right to get it more blue and still having rest of shot look right. Any suggestions on that?

As suggested, you'll have to change the water using color correction and masking. If you were nearby, I'd show you exactly how to do it. What software are you editing with?

Last edited:
I made the video in iMovie....will have to play around with the masking and editing options!

Great vid! I especially enjoyed how the crossfades were so smooth that several times I wasn't sure at first if it was the same shot or a new one. Well done!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik