Eagle Attacks, Downs UAV in Norway

Reaction score
This NOT my one minute plus video - I copped it from a Norwegian online newspaper - but I thought it was a graphic presentation of a UAV vs nature in south Norway. The commentary is in Norwegian and says that the eagle made a warning pass before it attacked on the second. The pilot heard a loud bang. The UAV had no chance and crashed. The pilot recovered his UAV with two destroyed propellers dripping with blood. You may have to watch a 16 second ad before the video, but you may be able to click on the X in the upper right corner where it says ANNONSE to avoid the ad. When I copped it, there were 24 comments, mostly negative, saying the pilot was irresponsible for flying in the eagle's realm. A few said, "oh come on. How could the pilot predict that an eagle would come out of the blue just at the moment he went out to show his daughter his UAV?" One of the comments said the UAV was a DJI Phantom.

http://www.vgtv.no/#!/video/107027/sekunder-senere-gaar-den-til-angrep

Last time I was flying, there were to hawks circling a mountain top. I was very tempted to get close but held back to avoid this type of situation. A mid-flight confrontation would not bode well for either of birds (mine and hawk)....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers