Eagle Attack

Those eagles are gonna be mightily annoyed when they find out that plastic isn't very tasty.

Amazing footage - I'm very impressed that the Phantom could recover from the strikes - somehow the props didn't get trashed. I liked the sequence when you can clearly see the eagle's shadow chasing the drone...

That's absolutely insane. Incredible footage, I bet that eagle needs a band-aid for his foot. I'm sure there's a team of environmentalists that are searching for that nasty drone flyer to have him arrested, and press federal charges of endangering an eagle. I would have never posted that on YouTube.

That's absolutely insane. Incredible footage, I bet that eagle needs a band-aid for his foot. I'm sure there's a team of environmentalists that are searching for that nasty drone flyer to have him arrested, and press federal charges of endangering an eagle. I would have never posted that on YouTube.
Those looked like Golden Eagles and I'm not sure that was in the US. In any event, Bald Eagles have gone way beyond endangered in Alaska to the point where they could be considered pests.

They get into jet engines and airports routinely fire M80s at them to make them go away. I've thrown rocks at them to get them to move away from my office - they were screaming so loudly we couldn't use the phone. Annoying things.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Yeah, thinking about it, I might remove it from here. There's enough unnecessary negativity as it is. It drives me bananas when people proudly post their crashes into the sides of skyscrapers, and this could be in that category.

Yeah, thinking about it, I might remove it from here. There's enough unnecessary negativity as it is. It drives me bananas when people proudly post their crashes into the sides of skyscrapers, and this could be in that category.
You sure that is in the US? Looks like Switzerland to me. And, as I mentioned, I don't think they're Bald Eagles. Supposedly they are subject to protection from the International Migratory Species Act but I'm having a hard time thinking that anyone could get in trouble from *fleeing* from some eagles who, in the end, are clearly the winners in this contest.

One great footage cant believe the eagle actually carried the phantom to where it wanted it.
second that was not a bald eagle but looks like a golden eagle and they are off of the endangered list they are still on the Migratory Bird Treaty Act and the bald and Golden eagle Protection Act but the pilot wasn't doing anything wrong besides being in the wrong place at the wrong time. not the fact that he retrieved the phantom afterwards if it was in there nest he can get into trouble for that. but I don't think that's where it was.

Have you seen this yet? (Shared from Facebook owners group). Incredible footage....
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
AWESOME. that's should go viral. Better get some advertising on YouTube quick !
There's no way that could be your fault for annoying the wildlife. Hopefully the world has not gone that mad. Don't pull it off YouTube. Or give it to me to host and it'll be anonymous. I could do with the cash from the advertising. :)

They aren't always aggressive.
image.jpeg

As seen on www.dronestagram.com

RedHotPoker

You must not be reading the same forums that I am........................... that was CLEARLY the fault of DJI, and they should replace it free of charge!!

That eagle is actually employed by DJI for quality control purposes.

What are they called again...yes, flying engineers.

Reactions: Reed L
You get all that, from one eagle eye? ;-)
I take it you aren't a Big Game Hunter, Bob?
Certainly not with stick and string. Which sounds like fishing.
But with a 70# draw, Mathews compound bow, & Easton FMJ arrows. Hehe

Birds of prey, pray that they aren't hungry. An Adult eagle can take down a deer.

RedHotPoker

You get all that, from one eagle eye? ;-)
I take it you aren't a Big Game Hunter, Bob?
Certainly not with stick and string. Which sounds like fishing.
But with a 70# draw, Mathews compound bow, & Easton FMJ arrows. Hehe

Birds of prey, pray that they aren't hungry. An Adult eagle can take down a deer.

RedHotPoker
I am only afraid of eagles when they get close to my P3 -- We have small kestrel hawks in Texas and they are extremely aggressive when you get around their nesting area and then they start the kamikaze attacks.. The birds of prey are worst problems for Phantoms than cracked shells and firmware upgrades.:D:D:D It's all DJI's fault. Cheers:):):)

Had your bird gone down, that was definitely worth the 1300$ loss. That is great footage!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.