Eachine goggles, design flaw

Reaction score
These new goggles are $159, have HDMI input, receives on 5.8mhz optionally, and has 1080p resolution. These look a lot like the Headplay HD goggles, but slightly smaller overall, and higher resolution. All seem great except for one thing, with the DJI GO app the telemetry data on the top and bottom of the screen are cutoff. This is because the telemetry data is at the edge of the screen, and the edge is of the screen fits in a groove that covers the screen edge about 1/8"around the perimeter. Don't buy these if you plan to use them with DJI GO. Other than that they work great. Also, they have the same issue as the headplay goggles for old guys like me. They have a short focus depth because they use a Fresnel lens instead of an optical lens. However this can be fixed with a $20 Carter X4 clip-on magnifier lens. One other issue, since they are smaller than Headplay goggles they don't accept glasses without modifying the Styrofoam internally.

Last edited:
Are you referring to the Eachine Goggles One? Or a different model?

Don't buy these if you plan to use them with DJI GO.
You should probably preface this by saying, "If you are using the DJI HDMI module" because it looks ok using a tablet with HDMI out. Other than that, yes, these were designed for a very small face.

Are you referring to the Eachine Goggles One? Or a different model?
Yes, Goggle One. I didn't realize Eachine had more than one model.

Yes, these goggles are for a smaller face versus Headplay HD (I have those too). I had to carve out the Styrofoam to allow glasses to fit inside. Once I did that they fit ok. But the OSD problem is a show stopper. I'll have to use these as race goggles with other machines. Or sell them.

You should probably preface this by saying, "If you are using the DJI HDMI module" because it looks ok using a tablet with HDMI out. Other than that, yes, these were designed for a very small face.
Are you referring to the Nvidia K1 with HDMI out? That's interesting.

Are you referring to the Nvidia K1 with HDMI out? That's interesting.
Yes, I have the Nvidia Shield K1.
The Goggle One's display is an exact mirror of what you see on the Shield K1. Plus, the K1's display stays on while it's outputted to the Goggle One.

For me, that's what I wanted. I want to be able to see the camera settings and whatnot, as opposed to the DJI HDMI module (from what I read) which makes your tablet go blank while the output is sent to the goggles, and you don't see all the other settings.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skipholiday
as opposed to the HDMI module (from what I read) makes your tablet go blank while the output is sent to the goggles
That has not been my experience with the Fat Shark Dominator V3 and HeadPlay HD goggles. I can still see everything on my mobile device while the googles are hooked up. I cannot confirm what happens with the Googles One though. Mine don't arrive until Saturday.

That has not been my experience with the Fat Shark Dominator V3 and HeadPlay HD goggles. I can still see everything on my mobile device while the googles are hooked up. I cannot confirm what happens with the Googles One though. Mine don't arrive until Saturday.
That's good to know. I can only "trust" what someone put in their review on Amazon. Sounds like he was outputting to a monitor, not goggles, but still... he was using the DJI HDMI module:

1.0 out of 5 starsOnly outputs to one display, tricky install and too expensive. Enjoy.
ByAjon February 12, 2016
Verified Purchase
I bought this to push video to stadium during a live event. Of course once it was installed, the control screen blacks out and ONLY displays on the output monitor. For $100 I feel completely ripped off. Returned. Buying an Nvidia shield that actually does do both
https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-...=cm_cr_othr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B013JQ14P6

Since the thread title doesn't mention a specific Eachine Googles model (but remarks were made, at least up to now) about the Eachine One model, I will give my feedback here about my recently arrived Eachine Two Goggles.

The view field angle is enormous, cannot say if it's 78 degrees as advertised, but you cannot wish it could be larger. So when someone would say this 5" screen is less than Headplay's 7", tell him it's nonsense. The small 35 degrees view field angle offered by any FatShark googles it looks like a toy compared to Eachine Two. A 35 degrees model cannot offer the full FPV immersion of a 78 degrees.

I'm glad Eachine resolved to their Two model the 16:9 vs 16:10 screen format issue, because it was a true concern, based on other older reviews for the Eachine One model.
For those pilots that don't know yet, the DJI's HDMI module delivers not a standard 16:9 720p image (1280x720), but a 16:10 800p (1280x800). Eachine One model had an issue by not being able to cope with this deviation, so it was cutting the upper and lower imags limits, as @John Locke already mentioned above. Eachine Two doesn't have this issue at all.

The image is great, it has typical HD resolution. Don't understand why in HDMI mode the color saturation adjustment is missing, it exists just for the normal analog video input. All rest of image adjustments (brightness, backlight, contrast) are wellcomed.

Battery authonomy (from max 8.0 V to min 6.4 V, value diplayed in the lower left corner of the screen) extends to almost 3 hrs of continuos usage, so way more than a normal flight session of 3-4 Phantom batteries.

I could't try the 40 ch 5.8 GHz receiver, since P3P/A's video doesn't run on that band but around the 2.4 GHz. I will call a friend that has a P3S, so this matter will be covered too. However, based on other reviews found on youtube, the 5.8 GHz receiver is solid, the diversity system with 2 antennas (one panel and one mushroom) functions as expected.

My short review has to mention a negative matter observed at the previous model too, and pointed well by @John Locke. The used Fresnel lens with low focal length is not offering a confortable image for the eyes. Eachine Two misses a side sliding lever that will modify the Fresnel distance position in relation with the eyes. Longer usage it gives me headaches. I will find a solution (RHO lens ?) to solve this matter, because this is truly the single issue of these great goggles. Bought at 135 €.

Reactions: jakobe75
Quest, good review, thanks for sharing. I'll have to buy the model two and check them out, since they fixed the aspect ratio problem. The best fix I've found for the diopler issue is to insert the Carson optical lens, but usually it requires removing the Fresnel lens. With Headplay I can remove the Fresnel lens. On the Eachine 2 I'm not sure if it's possible to disassemble the goggle for this.

I'm using Eachine two goggles with an Nvidia shield, all works ok but I wear reading glasses, so still trying to sort that bit out

These work 100% on the nvidia tablet.

have you tried adjusting the screen postioning in the menu?

Since the thread title doesn't mention a specific Eachine Googles model (but remarks were made, at least up to now) about the Eachine One model, I will give my feedback here about my recently arrived Eachine Two Goggles.

I can agree with your review, they are very good for the price. They do lack focal adjustment and I need glasses luckily my buddy's kid has nearly the same script as me and I got a pair of her "kid sized glasses" and can wedge those inside for now.

I flew three Phantom4 batteries with the GoggleTwo's today and then 4 batteries on my Hubsan 501s which connects to the Goggle Two on 5.8.
On both the Nvidia tablet and the 5.8 feed, the GoggleTwo performed flawlessly. Total flight times was nearly 2 hours.

Then the kids ran around wearing the Goggles in 5.8 mode while I just held the Hubsan in place and manuvered it by hand, the battery was too low to fly but still enough juice to run the camera.
They absolutely loved it.

I took some of my neighbors and the kids on a "ride" today. I flew and they rode in the cockpit.
Everyone had a blast rocketing around the sky and seeing the world in a whole new perspective.

Could not be happier with this true HD capable goggle for $139

Reactions: Quest-So
These work 100% on the nvidia tablet.
have you tried adjusting the screen postioning in the menu?

Yes it adjusts the OSD menu on the screen. I've chosen to shift the OSD from its central position, to the lower right corner.
Just to say I was initially in love with FatShark goggles, this being my intention to buy, due to their nice design, and easiness to wear them, but step by step I"ve understood their narrow view field angle is a major minus in the FPV confort they will offer me, so I've stepped toward MyBud, based on the positive review @alokbhargava gave them.
Then I simulated how will it look the 480p image of the MyBud, and I wasn't fully satisfied by this resolution on how small details look in panoramic images of buildings pictured during a flight, so I've switched for good towards the headplay style goggles, Eachine Two being already the winner of the family, due to its HDMI input, the HD screen, while the device is fairly priced.

If you intend to buy these Goggles, my suggestion is to buy too an 15 cm 90 degrees angled father mini-HDMI to straight socket HDMI adapter cable, that will fit well along the goggles's side placed mini-HDMI socket, cable being routed behind the elastic strap that fixes the unit on your head. The adapter will cope perfectly with the 1,2 m HDMI to mini-HDMI cable that comes with these goggles, the whole assembly being connected to the DJIs HDMI module.

Yep, I use a right angle connector on the goggles and a 90 drgree on the nvidia tablet as well. Found on Amazon for a few bucks. There's a seller that gives very detailed description and options for which way you want the adapter to face. Which is important.

I choose goggle twos because they are HD, I would prefer fatshark style goggles, but fatshark doesnt make any goggle that is actual HD. They may utilize an HD cable, but the image is in Sd. I also wanted 5.8 and hdmi in one unit. These work pretty good for me.

Love the Eachine Two goggles... No, they are not a small as the Fat Sharks, but a lot less $$$, and I can deal with the larger frame of the headset.. LOVE THE VIEW.. Am new to FPV flying and it helps a lot to see more area when flying. And I sometimes fly the DJI Phantom 4 with these goggles.. Mostly my racer drones

Yes, from all these, an Eachine Two Goggles owner needs: the "Up-Toward" cable for the goggle side, and the "Left-Toward" cable for the HDMI module side, while in between a normal 1 m hdmi cable.

The angled cable adapter towards the hdmi module, seems to be necessary because some goggle users have complained the bird is having a reduced range when using goggles. This might be due to the interference btw the straight hdmi cable and RCs Tx antenna, that is placed right above the mini-hdmi socket. Using this angled connector the interference might be reduced. Just pay attention to route the cable in the vicinity of RCs USB connector, in such a way not to affect (stress) the link the usb cable is providing btw the phone/tablet and the RC.

Question: Can you use the Eachine Goggles Two with the Phantom 4 Pro? If so, do I have to invest in an HDMI output adapter for another $99? Or can I connect the goggles to the MicroUSB port? Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4