Eachine drone

Reaction score
Anybody know about these? A buddy found one in the trash. Looks like it's missing a lot of parts. Is it worth fixing? Has Eachine FPV goggles with it

Can't see that well but it's maybe OK for parts if you're into racing drones.. Probably not worth rebuilding over starting afresh with completely new parts, as it all looks fairly beaten up... The previous owner appears to think that it wasn't worth it, anyway... :)

Goggles look to be Eachine EV800D - adequate enough for starting in 5.8 FPV if they work. At least a couple of new antennas needed though...

Yes good find even if it need parts,,looks like this one or very close...I have the goggles (eachine) which brought ages ago cause add said compatible with p3s,(it is not) so now use them for cheap fvp drones which they do conect with,,,,good score
Screenshot_20190405-083031.jpg

I have a couple of these, Eachine wizard x220/S. Great stater drone for fpv flying. Needs a controller, some antennas and a battery. Assuming there is no other damage, $100 would have you flying. Motors, escs are cheap for these units and are easy to set up.

Banggood is the site for any parts etc.

As mentioned decent drone - killer find on the goggles if they work. They have built in DVR and diversity receiver (2 channels).
It looks like you have all the expensive parts - the camera and a receiver and at least a vTX. The most likely issue if any will be the motors and/or ESC's which it looks like that uses a 4-in-1.
The receiver if any might be hard to ID and it will have to match the protocol of whatever radio you get anyway. The three main ones are FrSky, FlySky and Spektrum. I'd stay away from FlySky myself since the other two are more widely supported.
The easiest way to test this thing is to remove the props, install BetaFlight configuration software and plug it into the drone on the USB port you'll find on the FC (flight controller). You can then see if your Flight Controller is functional if you connect. Be aware that you may have to follow teh connection troubleshooting on BetaFlight and use ZaDig to install teh USB-Serial driver. Not a big deal.
If it connects then get a 3S or 4S battery and plug it into the yellow XT60 connector. In BetaFlight you can then exercise each motor (remember props OFF). If all that works then the only thing left is the camera and you just have to look at the vTX to adjust which band it is using then set the goggles to same channel. If it's good you should see the image.
ASt that point I'd get a radio and have some fun!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nightwolf

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj