Dynamic home point

Same as on Android devices
i-3rphDVX-M.png

If you are outdoors and have a GPS enabled tablet (with GPS switched on) you won't get the red error msg

Same as on Android devices
i-3rphDVX-M.png

If you are outdoors and have a GPS enabled tablet (with GPS switched on) you won't get the red error msg
So in normal flight if the device has a gps lock it will automaticaly set to dynamic home point?

If you tell the app that you want to reset your home point to the current location of your device, if it can, it will.
It's not really dynamic though.
It just locks onto your current position but doesn't continue to update.

If you tell the app that you want to reset your home point to the current location of your device, if it can, it will.
How to tell the app?
Sorry for asking

so say you are on a boat and you set the dynamic home point by pressing the man symbol you need to update it yourself? I am guessing you dont need to in follow me mode right?

so say you are on a boat and you set the dynamic home point by pressing the man symbol you need to update it yourself? I am guessing you don't need to in follow me mode right?
The dynamic home point isn't really dynamic.
It just resets to where the controller is at the time of reset.
I've never used Folllow-me but I'd suspect that even though the P3 follows you, it would still RTH to wherever it recorded or reset home.

If you are shooting from a moving boat, you don't want to allow RTH to land your P3.
It might be a better idea to simply reset home point from time to time to keep it close but make sure you resume control before any landings.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
The dynamic home point isn't really dynamic.
It just resets to where the controller is at the time of reset.
I've never used Folllow-me but I'd suspect that even though the P3 follows you, it would still RTH to wherever it recorded or reset home.
ok well the reason I am asking is last week we were out in the Columbia river on the boat taking movies and thought I had the RTH set for the remote, but had changed batteries at one point and did not up date it, any way the battery got low and due to glare on the ipad and noise from the boat I did not hear the low bat warning and when I did we stopped the boat and I was bringing it down and it decided to RTH and took off. so off we went chasing it and I did cancel the rth once and had it turned coming to me then it took off again I finally got it, thanks to my boat driver and being able to get it low enough to catch it. But realized I need more practice on the RTH before any more water trips.

Yes, you have to keep setting it manually. Now the question is, once rth is initiated, does updating home point work? Or does it only use the last home point locked before rth was initiated?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

yes that is a very good question. In follow me mode it follow the controller so you would hope the RTH will too if it is set using the controller

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav