Dynamic Home Point Problem

Reaction score
I am having a problem where the camera view automatically returns to the menu screen after a few minutes of flight. After going back into camera view the problem repeats itself after a few more minutes. It acts as if I pressed the return button. I know it was mentioned in a post in the General Section, but no one seems to be addressing it. It seems to only happen when I have dynamic home point turned on. Are others experiencing this problem?

I am having the same problem. Don't get hung up on the fact that you thinks it's only with dynamic home point. Have you done extensive testing with and without DHP? I was convinced my problem was only with a particular android tablet but I was wrong. It is a random problem which is hard to pinpoint. I am not yet done fully analyzing it yet. I have a P2V and think my issue is with a connection to the camera. Your P2V+ has a different camera so maybe I am wrong.

I also need to do more testing. But in my last set of flights, as soon as I turned off the DHP, the problem stopped. It wasn't a matter of turning off the Phantom or not, I just went to the menu screen flipped off the DHP option, went back to video mode and it stayed on that screen for the remainder of the flight (10 minutes). These types of problems annoy me, and since DJI doesn't offer any advice its up to members of this forum to figure it out. The more people that comment on it, the more likely the problem will get resolved. By the way, I also don't think its the camera. I have never had even a hard landing since I owned the Phantom and the problem all manifested itself after the last round of firmware updates. There has to be a connection there somewhere.

Interesting. I too have been using DHP. As soon as the weather moderates I will do more testing and report back.

Had this happen to me today. Only in my case all I done was click back on the camera without making any changes and it worked fine the rest of the flight. Probably next weekend now before I get chance to fly again but will update after a few more flights with and without dhp and see if it makes any difference.

I'm on all up to date firmware and vision app.

I contacted DJI about the problem and so far they say they cannot re-create the problem. If anyone else out there is having this issue, then can you please email their support team so they realize its not a "made up" problem but one that others are also having. The address is: [email protected]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic