Dynamic home point for P3

Reaction score
Has anyone used this? I intend to use the P3 on my boat and would like to see if the unit will "follow" when we ask for the RTH. Would I need an external GPS on my IPAD or IPHONE for this to work properly, as I would not be using wifi out on the water. I'd love to hear other folks' experiences.

There isn't dynamic home point on a P3, yet.

Edit: I stand corrected.

Last edited:
so I cannot use the location of my remote and the mobile device as its home point? I read on the manual that there IS a dynamic home point. Now I am confused.

so I cannot use the location of my remote and the mobile device as its home point? I read on the manual that there IS a dynamic home point. Now I am confused.
Perhaps I am confused, I just read it in the (new) manual too. I thought they only introduced the ability to set a new home point by pressing the button in the app. In any case, it's iOS only, and I can't help much in that department. Perhaps someone else can confirm.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
I have IOS, so that I guess its all good. it says on page 37 there is a dynamic home point that updates in intervals. It does not say what intervals are.

[14]
Dynamic Home Point
:
Press this button to enable the dynamic home point feature, the home point then will be reset to
position of the mobile device at specific time intervals

Reactions: Mike Mauk
Specific time intervals are in seconds.. Have to have a device with GPS in it.

But it doesn't specify the intervals, and I cannot get the dynamic home point to work on my iphone 6 plus, which definitely has a gps, and location services, which are enabled for the DJI app. It keeps coming back to the initial home point, not an updated location of my controller and iphone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic