Dynamic braking adjustment

Reaction score
For those who read about being able to tone down the dynamic braking on the P3 but have found absolutely no suggestion of how to do so here is the step by step process. In the camera mode within DJI pilot app, click on the four dots on the upper right. Then select the upper left section of the options where it will read MC settings after selection. Scroll down to gain & expo tuning and select it. Now scroll down to brake and change the number from 120 to 70. Done.

Thanks. I've noticed the default setting rather harsh. Any reason to mess with Attitude?

No.

I began using it many years ago for all my aviation models for more realism. Once the FAA provided an on-line 'N' number search feature I found it was unassigned. That was also many years ago.

Which gain will soften the "spin" of the drone? Spinning around the vertical axis?

I can't help with the P3 App., but you're referring to the 'Yaw' axis.

dwcola, nice job with explaining the gains. I would have liked seeing the explanation done by stick comparison also. Like in stock setting the stick moves from this point to this point. And at 90% it is from this point to this point.

Regardless you did the best I've seen by anyone in the past year since the gain adjustments were 1st introduced.

Reactions: CYCO
Agreed Dwcola, great explanation. Keeping a log book of adjustments made and how they affect your flying xperience s an excellent idea as wll.

Which gain will soften the "spin" of the drone? Spinning around the vertical axis?

YAW: This is the gain I like to dial down to 90%. Also, a few updates. With the entries in the video previously, it flies much more similar to the P2. More true to form (non-automated if you will - less jump on vertical - less snap back to position hold when braking). One more adjustment I'm going to make is to leave the YAW at 90% but reduce the EXPO to 0.35 from 0.40. Also going to increase the Gain for the Vertical back to 100% but reduce the EXPO to 0.35 from .40. For YAW, this will keep the speed of pivot reduced but also reduce the speed at which it will start to turn from stick input. Same for Throttle. The Gain will keep the energy input at 100% but soften the input reaction with a lower EXPO. Hope that helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20