DV2 +

Reaction score
Hello everyone
Well I have had my DJI Phantom Vision 2 about a week or so now. I cant stop flying this thing.. So far I have to admit this has been the most fun, the most excited I have been over a rc in awhile.. My friends @ Daves Motors has the new Vision 2+ in stock. I wanted to get you guys opions, should I keep my Vision 2 or try and sell it to get a Vision 2+??
Are the differences that drastic that I just have to have a Vision 2+??
http://www.davesmotors.com/Products/DJI ... ultirotor/ I can get the vision 2+ here with free shipping as well as parts.

What are your thoughts?

I think it really depends upon what you plan to use this for.

The consensus seems to be that the camera isn't really all that different between the P2V and P2V+, aside from having a different design. So if you're planning to use this primarily for aerial photography, you probably won't notice huge differences. (Please folks, feel free to correct here - I'd actually be jumping for joy if we were able to confirm that the camera did a better job at taking photos!)

If you're planning to use this for videos though - or for FPV - the P2V+ is probably a better choice due to the 3-axis gimbal and enhanced range with stock equipment. (Of course, there are ways to enhance the range of the stock P2V so don't make a decision based solely upon this factor.) From the videos I've seen posted to YouTube and Vimeo, there is a marked difference in the quality... the gimbal makes a huge difference between the P2V and P2V+.

The other week I was in the same position as you, having recently purchased a P2V. While initially I thought that the P2V would work out fine (and in reality, it probably would once I'd have received a Rotorpixel gimbal) I ultimately decided that it made more sense to return it. Now I'm trying to decide between the P2V+, or a P2V with 3 axis Zenmuse and GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition. (If that combo would only have provided a method of changing camera settings and triggering recording remotely, the decision for me would have been extremely easy.)

CRankin said:
I think it really depends upon what you plan to use this for.

The consensus seems to be that the camera isn't really all that different between the P2V and P2V+, aside from having a different design. So if you're planning to use this primarily for aerial photography, you probably won't notice huge differences. (Please folks, feel free to correct here - I'd actually be jumping for joy if we were able to confirm that the camera did a better job at taking photos!)

If you're planning to use this for videos though - or for FPV - the P2V+ is probably a better choice due to the 3-axis gimbal and enhanced range with stock equipment. (Of course, there are ways to enhance the range of the stock P2V so don't make a decision based solely upon this factor.) From the videos I've seen posted to YouTube and Vimeo, there is a marked difference in the quality... the gimbal makes a huge difference between the P2V and P2V+.

The other week I was in the same position as you, having recently purchased a P2V. While initially I thought that the P2V would work out fine (and in reality, it probably would once I'd have received a Rotorpixel gimbal) I ultimately decided that it made more sense to return it. Now I'm trying to decide between the P2V+, or a P2V with 3 axis Zenmuse and GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition. (If that combo would only have provided a method of changing camera settings and triggering recording remotely, the decision for me would have been extremely easy.)
z

Well I am new to quads/multirotor at least the bigger ones. I have a Blade MQX and Traxxas QR-1 but I am loving the DV2.. The plus is the camera and what I can do with it. I am slowly learning about the FPV but I think for the most part I will enjoy it more just being able to fly it around and have access to taking video and pictures of whats below and around me and the quad.. I guess the DV2 is more than enough right now and there is no real reason to buy the DV2+ although I have been looking into the bigger quads and building one myself.. But then again those would probably be overkill for what I would really be using it for..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers